shape
carat
color
clarity

A little bit of new bling to wear to the holiday parties!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Santa came early to my house (in the form of the UPS man, LOL!) and brought a pair of earrings that I ran across in Phoenix last week. I had been looking for diamond hoops for a while and I loved these when I found them but wanted to think it over (they were A LOT more $ than I had expected to spend). I shopped around a bit more, but ended up calling when I got home and had them shipped to me.

Anyway, here are more pictures of my ears than I imagined I would ever show to the public--not to mention it's HARD to take photos of your own head!

My goal was for the earrings to be subtle enough to be able to wear them to work and with casual weekend clothes, but blingy enough to dress up with when I go out to dinner. So what do you think?

straight on0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side view

hoop side.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic with a dime to show the size

dime0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

side face0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

angle face0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

straight face0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!

far face 10001.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I am totally speechless.......I love them. I don''t think I have seen a pair of hoops that have sooooo many diamonds in them. I want one for myself. I think they will go with anything.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops -- forgot the stats: 282 diamonds for a total of 4.41 cts set in 18 kt white gold. They are a little heavier than I remembered (you never really get a feel for things that you just have on for a few minutes in a store) but they aren''t uncomfortable at all, not even when I use the phone (had to call the insurance company and get them added to the policy so I figured it would be a good test to see if they would be a problem).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Dee Jay! They''ll be perfect for holiday parties especially!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow! DJ, I think they''re gorgeous!!!!! Yum!
3.gif
18.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!! They look amazing on you Dee*Jay!!!! Awesome!!! I''m green with envy!!!!
21.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you think they''re "too much" for the office? I wouldn''t wear a necklace if I had these on, just my watch and wedding/engagement rings.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 8:49:46 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So you think they''re ''too much'' for the office? I wouldn''t wear a necklace if I had these on, just my watch and wedding/engagement rings.
They are beautiful! I love them. I think you could definitely wear them to the office as long as you go simple with the rest of your bling. I would wear the earrings and your ring, and skip the bracelets and necklaces and I think you''d be fine. They are gorgeous and you can really wear them with a lot of outfits. They will look amazing with a black cocktail dress, but also really nice with a cute casual top.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, you done good! They are just gorgeous... I would pick them and I think I have pretty good taste!!

In all seriousness, they are perfect. Just that right blend for dressing up or for mixing in for more casual times.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay,
You look fantastic with those earrings! Great shopping.

I think you''re right, not wanting to wear a necklace with those earrings, that''d be a bit overwhelming.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
NICE!

I love them!

Can I ask where you got them?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 9:28:44 PM
Author: dtnyc
NICE!

I love them!

Can I ask where you got them?

I found them at Hyde Park Jewelers in Phoenix (2442 E. Camelback Road, phone # 602-667-3541). I worked with Jeff and he was VERY nice. I went back to visit them three times and he never lost his sense of humor or was anything less than gracious.

ETA: There is another designer (Garavelli) that makes something very similar, and I think they are relatively widely distributed.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice comments gals! I *was* a little worried that they might be a bit much (even though they''re only the size of a dime!) but I think if I keep all the other jewelry simple they will work out with a lot of different outfits. And it''s just so nice to finally have something other than my studs, which is what I wear almost EVERY day.

In all honesty I''m sure I SERIOUSLY overpaid for these, but sometimes when you find the perfect thing that meets ALL of your requirements, well, you just bend over and get out the American Express card and pay, LOL.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, they are gorgeous and I love them!!!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! Very special
36.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
NICE! I love your hair too. :)

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, major bling DJ!!! Those are gorgeous, you lucky one.
30.gif
I do think they may attract some attention at the office, but my guess is that that''s going to happen anywhere with these!
3.gif
I think like the others have said, as long as you keep the rest of the jewelry simple, why not?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling bling bling bling bling!!!!!!!!! WOW lady!!!! They''re so sparkly and festive! I think they''ll be totally perfect for holiday parties. As for everyday wear, I say go for it! I think it all depends on how confidently you wear them -- some women can carry off high-wattage jewelry and others may not. In your case, you''re definitely one of the former! It''s all about the ''tude. lol. I''d skip the necklace though cuz those big boys stand on their own. Pair them with your many carats of e-ring and eternity band and you''ll be one heckuva sparkly lady!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, they are sooooooo sparkly! How fun!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dee jay, I love, love, love them. I think they are perfect and just the right size for you.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW DJ, those are amazing...and I am glad you went with them, because they are perfect.

They really are the perfect size, with just diamond ALL OVER! I love them...and want more PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 8:25:37 AM
Author: UCLABelle
Oh WOW DJ, those are amazing...and I am glad you went with them, because they are perfect.

They really are the perfect size, with just diamond ALL OVER! I love them...and want more PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More pics -- ha ha! You go start taking photos of your own head and see how difficult they are go get! Maybe I could enlist the help of the happy hubby...

So I wore them today (of course!) and the lady at the Starbucks where I get my coffee said, "Hey, you got different earrings!" I guess it really was time to add to the earring wardrobe if even the coffee lady noticed that I had something other than my studs on!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh DeeJay they are just stunning!!! Love that ear shot and if I owned those beauties I would certainly wear them to work. Great choice for both office and parties in my opinion - lots of sparkle but not over the top. Doesn''t Hyde Park carry lovely things???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial - Yes, Hyde Park had some GREAT stuff! They also had a nice selection of Beaudry pieces (including one fabulous ring--yum yum!) and I spent a LONG time in there looking at things (many things I had absolutely no intention of buying but I just couldn''t help myself...). And then, when I described (in meticulous detail, LOL) the earrings that I was looking for and they pulled out EXACTLY what I had mentioned, well, what can I say?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results