shape
carat
color
clarity

A little bit of fun! New gemstones.

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
So this was just a little practice project using calibrated stones from Multicolour and settings from Etsy.

From bottom to top are a 5x5mm cabochon lapis lazuli, because the colour is just beautiful. I’ll need to order another setting for this little one though, as I only decided on a cab after I’d already bought a regular round setting.
Then a lovely little 5x5mm trillion topaz, eye clean. I love trillions and I think they suit topazes beautifully.
Next is a gorgeous 5x7mm octagon peridot, eye clean to SI. This baby has a lovely cut and sparkles so well for a tiny, inexpensive gem. Again, I just love the colour!
Lastly, a 4x6mm citrine, eye clean to SI, to give a little bit of orange. The pear cut is adorable, and the photos don’t do it justice as it kept slipping about!
273386DD-7585-4807-AEB6-C342C02BE88F.jpeg 37C6E477-E92E-4C37-9325-18DA6D58B49B.jpeg 44C5A79F-8D7B-4F5A-8AB5-A6D137FA9AAB.jpeg

Two other little babies came which were both 2x2mm rounds! Thank god I have some magnifying glasses and teeny tweezers lol :mrgreen2:
But this was an exercise in setting stones myself to make sets for stacking, and these funky ones are now set.

A chrome tourmaline, eye clean to moderately included, and a yellow sapphire, eye clean to SI.
E4B0DCBF-1A7F-48E0-902B-3562B7E4410C.jpeg 16A64627-C522-4569-9D1B-79BE948EF813.jpeg 0F1F416E-28A1-44DC-8F8B-C70D34C27367.jpeg 60F84D03-4F25-487F-A072-056EBAF2B50E.jpeg
Very hard to photograph such diddy gems, but I’ve tried to capture the flash both give. I’m very happy with how they look, especially as the whole project came in at around £50!
If all goes well, and I find setting the larger stones easy and they all last okay, I’ll consider a bigger project with more expensive stones. There are some cuts and colours I would just love to own, and I figured this would be a fun way to add to a collection =)2

Thanks for letting me share! And yes, we’re still looking for our perfect demantoid!

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the stacking bands! How was the experience with Multicolour? I've been thinking about purchasing a stone or two from them but haven't made the jump yet. Google Chrome also gives me a "not secure" warning on their website...?

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the stacking bands! How was the experience with Multicolour? I've been thinking about purchasing a stone or two from them but haven't made the jump yet. Google Chrome also gives me a "not secure" warning on their website...?

I’ve ordered from them twice before as I find they’re a good website for a newbie to start out at. Lots of choice, lots of price points.
All times have gone smooth as pie. I received my items in less than 7 working days.
I can’t comment regarding the not secure, hopefully someone else can advise, as I didn’t get the warning. However, I paid using PayPal which required me to log in separately and is secure.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stones! I take it from your £ sign that you are in the UK? Hello from Lincolnshire!

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
I’ve ordered from them twice before as I find they’re a good website for a newbie to start out at. Lots of choice, lots of price points.
All times have gone smooth as pie. I received my items in less than 7 working days.
I can’t comment regarding the not secure, hopefully someone else can advise, as I didn’t get the warning. However, I paid using PayPal which required me to log in separately and is secure.

Thanks, that's reassuring! :)

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty stones! I take it from your £ sign that you are in the UK? Hello from Lincolnshire!

Hello, yes! Hi from flat arsed Suffolk :lol-2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wooh! Nice work setting the tourmaline and the sapphire into stacker rings! :appl:

I like the colors and the various shapes of your gem purchase. You have half a rainbow now!

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
Wooh! Nice work setting the tourmaline and the sapphire into stacker rings! :appl:

I like the colors and the various shapes of your gem purchase. You have half a rainbow now!

Thank you! I think the larger stones will be slightly harder to safely set, but it’s all a bit of fun at this point.

Yes, I wanted various shapes to all stack together, as I think sets like those look awesome. I tried to find colours that would fit together nicely in various ways. I’m definitely a blue/green girl more than a pink/purple.

However, my partner said I should have gotten the colours to match the Infinity Stones from The Avengers :lol-2:

......(actually I saw a stunning oval cut, yellow diamond that looked just like the mind stone! Bit out of my price range though :mrgreen2:)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I think the larger stones will be slightly harder to safely set, but it’s all a bit of fun at this point.

Yes, I wanted various shapes to all stack together, as I think sets like those look awesome. I tried to find colours that would fit together nicely in various ways. I’m definitely a blue/green girl more than a pink/purple.

However, my partner said I should have gotten the colours to match the Infinity Stones from The Avengers :lol-2:

......(actually I saw a stunning oval cut, yellow diamond that looked just like the mind stone! Bit out of my price range though :mrgreen2:)
From what I've heard from other PSers (@stracci2000 @peacechick) larger stones are easier to set. Maybe go with a pre-notched semi mount with prongs if bezel setting proves too challenging?

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
Little update. I was able to set a couple more of my stones. The round cab didn’t quite fit in the setting I got for it, and the rectangle was too deep for the setting. I might be able to make it work.

The trillion turned out looking pretty smart, but the pear is a little rough round the edges. I wanted to experiment and find out how difficult it would be to properly set them on inexpensive stones, and I can really appreciate how neat jewellers get it now! Not sure I’d attempt it with something more special. It’s still wearable and very cute however.

I’m wearing them all stacked like this currently.
58A7199C-BBF2-4EF6-9D25-D7EF909A435B.jpeg 5518730D-97D6-4A64-A16A-1CCF21CF72E7.jpeg 55EFEEA4-C633-4EBD-B515-6A41A7C6EA9F.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Love this stack!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Your stack looks great! I am in awe you managed to set those tiny gems and complicated shapes like pears! What tool do you use to press the bezel down? Will you kindly post these pics in our self-setting thread over in the Fashion Jewelry section and recommend us your vendor for the settings? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results