shape
carat
color
clarity

~~A. Jaffe Setting Critiques Needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
How did you paste that in? I''m new and cant figure it out.

Been lurking for over a year. Finally registered. I''ve got LOADS of pics. LOL

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Sure but the setting from Tiffanys could easily be copied and even tweaked if you have it custom done. Same with the BN settings :)

jimutc

Rough_Rock
how about this one, here are 2 views:

em432.jpg

jimutc

Rough_Rock
and...

emd.jpg

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
From the description of your girl, I like the first setting that Melissa posted or the Tiffany. I think it looks nicer to keep the stones to two shapes rather than throwing in three different shaped stones on the ring (example: baguette and emerald vs. baguette, Emerald, and round)- that way the lines are cleaner and more elegant like the emerald cut diamond itself.

I found this setting which is similar to the Tiffany settingon the engagementringsdirect.com website. I''ve worked with Mark before, and he is a pleasure. I''m sure he could tweak the setting a bit if it wasn''t exactly what you liked.
1.gif

rp_em.jpg

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
i agree with kaili....

and the ones you posted are okay. I still like the emerald cut flanked by the tapered baguettes.

But that is a nice solitaire setting. I remember one time I saw a very beautiful emerald cut on a plain high polished platinum band, with a plain platinum wedding band and it was BEAUTIFUL. she was only 5 feet tall and it was just perfect for her. it was 5 years ago and i STILL remember that setting.

sometimes, less is more.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2005 10:38:00 PM
Author: jimutc
how about this one, here are 2 views:

I am going against the grain here but I think if she said she wanted a solitaire you should get her a solitaire. I would bet a lot of money that she is very CAREFUL what she says about e-rings around you. That being said I love the idea of the "lace" band with an EC. WOW. Very elegant and very different. I think ECs look great with tappered baguettes. Very classic BUT very common. If she likes to be different I would not choose this. I am like her and like to have something a little different. That''s why I chose my setting. Emerald cuts are so beautiful. In reality whatever setting you put it in the ring will be beautiful!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
"sometimes, less is more."
I totally agree! While I like the halos and rings with side stones, lately I''ve been loving the solitares and plain band combos more. Given the "right match" of the two rings it makes the center stone just pop and give the attention it deserves. It''s just so clean and classic.
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I like it
1.gif
Trellis settings, especially the Vatche ones, are gorgeous.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2005 9:56:20 PM
What do you guys/gals think of this with an emerald:
The Jaffe and Veraggio settings will look pretty different with emerald cuts - at the very least, the prongs will be replaced with some sort of basket - and if their shape has been the interesting part to begin with (as it seems to be for the last two posted)... you may want to ask first what the EC versions may end up like.

Also, most EC settings do not allow a wedding and to sit close to them because of the shape of the center stone. Unless they are very high set-which is not everyone's choice. The Precision set rings are an exception to the rule - there may be simpler ones in their collection too.

Anyway, these would be some things to ask about and consider before buying a set.

For what that matters, the band with baguettes next to a simple solitaire matched to sirt flush with it would be my pic so far.
The mix of shapes in the first set listed feels a tad 'bussy'. But this is just a matter of taste.

I.e.

Second band down from the top:
3586.jpg

And the EC setting here:

5084.jpg

My 2c.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Love those eings Valeria!

Jimutc- you don''t have to choose a wedding band now. Let your fiance do that when the time comes :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted this in your other thread but since most of the pics are over here i thought i''d add it. Here''s the link where you can find it I think it would look great with and emerald if the head can be changed to accomdate it. A quick call or email to bill Pearlman should be able to answer that easily enough..

052CO13.jpg

jimutc

Rough_Rock
Do I even have to choose a setting now? I mean, could I just mount it on a simple solitaire, give it to her, and let her decide what to do? Cause I kind of want to ask her at Christmas...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2005 10:19:35 AM
Do I even have to choose a setting now? I mean, could I just mount it on a simple solitaire, give it to her, and let her decide what to do? Cause I kind of want to ask her at Christmas...

See? That''s the perfect setting!
9.gif

And the safest bet.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That is definitely what I would do.

jimutc

Rough_Rock
Now here is one just like the Tiffany & Co. one. Except I think I like this one more....

And I have definately decided to present the diamond on a simple solitaire ring, and let her decide...the most logical and least stressful way for me.

verr0015.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s very wise of you. Make sure you come back with hand pics!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 12:02:19 PM

And I have definately decided to present the diamond on a simple solitaire ring, and let her decide...the most logical and least stressful way for me.

36.gif
go with the solitaire and let her choose, you are a very wise man
2.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Jimutc from what you''ve said she likes and and the clues she''s given to you I like the first one you posted and the very last. In my opinion if I were you i''d sit down and think what do you think she''d like more? The simple solitaire or something with a little something on the sides, when you look at each ring which do you see more as "her". I think if you decided on a plain setting the last one is gorgeous in it''s design and how it would hold the emerald shape. If you decide to have something on each side, I actually like the first one you posted best. The ones other PS''s posted were nice but seemed a little more elaborate than the one you posted. I think its pretty and definatly combines the elements you said you wanted it to have...it''s classic and elegant but also modern. Good luck tell us which one you pick!!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
OOps I didn''t notice that you posted another with side stones, when I said last I was referring to the plain one you posted next to last. You guys stress too much!! I think a lot of people do. Yes this is something she will be wearing for a lifetime but it''ll mean so much to her that I guarentee side stones or no she will love it forever!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
That is the smart way to go! Mount the stone on a plain solitare band and let her choose!
Men are smart.
:)
Good luck!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results