shape
carat
color
clarity

A jaffe mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgirl2004

Rough_Rock
I visited a local jeweler and found an A Jaffe set that I really love. They told me they could change the mounting to fit my .56 pear. I am nervous about giving them a down payment and then it getting messed up. What do some experts on here think? Do you think the jeweler meant they would custom order or do in house

full set.jpg

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If this is a designer setting than it should be able to be ordered from the designer with a head made specifically for your diamond. They would have to be pretty inept to try to force your stone into that stock setting. Just ask to make sure they order something made for your individual diamond.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty ring. A. Jaffee is a good company and they can do some nice work but a lot of what I see in that ring has to do with the interesting custom prong arragement and changing that will make for a considerable change in the look. The will need to replace that entire crown assembly to accomidate your stone and I would ask the jeweler to show you an example of the prongs they are proposing to add to make sure they’re too your liking.

I would also point out that the stone in the picture is quite a bit bigger than 0.56cts. The look will be qutie different with a smaller stone in the center. If possible, see if they have one that you can look at with a smaller stone in the center.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would much prefer to have A Jaffe make a ring to fit your stone rather than trying to change the current of that ring to try and make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results