shape
carat
color
clarity

A good deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michellelynntx

Rough_Rock
Hi I am new to this board and was looking for an opnion on this ring a local jewler is selling.

It is a 2.15 CT diamond ring with wrap. Center diamond is a 1.51 CT emerald cut diamond certified by the EGL in LA. It is H in color, VVS2 in clarity. The deminsions are 8.17 x 5.15 x 3.63. It is surrounded by tapered baguette diamonds (2) that are G-H in color and are .20 CT each.

The wrap also has 2 tapered matching baguettes same weight and color and clarity. The ring weighs 7.9 grams. The bands are 18K gold with the diamonds set in a platinum gallery.

The price on this ring would be $5,700. Is this a good deal?
confused.gif
thanks!

favorite.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Michellelynntx,

All of those specs sound pretty good. Will they allow you to take it to an independent expert to confirm the grading? It’s important for securing a correct answer to your question. The difference between 1.51 H-VVS2 and 1.45 I-VS2 can be several thousand dollars and it's remarkable difficult to tell the difference.

Assuming that there are no major issues surrounding the description you provided, yes, that’s a very good deal.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA

Independent Appraisals in Denvetr

michellelynntx

Rough_Rock
I have a copy of the EGL but it is an older one, still in the plastic holder but they jewler said the EGL threw out all info after 95 so it would have to be re-graded. Here is a picture below..

My worry is that there is no info on the other important cut factors, and it is such a good deal if I don't get it by the end of the weekend I'm sure it will be gone!

egl.jpg

sm16

Rough_Rock
That price sounds pretty damn good. Checking the prices on the web for just the center stone, the lowest I could find was $8100.
How are you getting such a good deal?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
EGL-LA was a pretty good lab. They are actually different from EGL-USA and they no longer exist but this is a whole different discussion. Find a local appraiser and get it checked out. If it passes, and if you find the stone pretty, you've got a keeper. There is a like at the top under Resources to help you find an appraiser.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
EGL-LA was a pretty good lab. They are actually different from EGL-USA and they no longer exist but this is a whole different discussion. Find a local appraiser and get it checked out. If it passes, and if you find the stone pretty, you've got a keeper. There is a like at the top under Resources to help you find an appraiser.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

michellelynntx

Rough_Rock
Thanks Denver! Your help has been great!!

SM16~ the rate is so low because it is a small town jewler and it is a used set, about 5 years old but rarely worn as the woman worked outside a lot. I made sure it wasn't from a divorce or anything, didn't want that bad karma, lol!

I have the original appraisal at $15,000 5 years ago and a more reecent appraisal from 6 months ago at 11,600. The rings owner is using the jewler as a broker and he knew I had been looking for a while so he offered it to me before he put it out on his store floor.

I think we are going to buy it! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results