shape
carat
color
clarity

a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msbojangles

Rough_Rock
We got this awesome oval solitaire. The GIA cert is from 2005: 1.2 carats, 8.53 by 5.81 mm, 64% depth, 58% table, thick girdle (i was ok with this as i felt it may increase durability), VG polish and symmetry, SI1 (clouds, crystals, indented natural, and surface graining- i did not want feathers because they are small cracks), K color with strong blue fluro. The diamond was just under 2k and after the setting and tax it came to around $2400. It seems consistent with a basic price search but is there anything else you would be concerned about? I know the appraisal and insurance have to come now.

oval12joccopy.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do not do price assesments, but prima facie the numbers are not rejection - I have seen GIA SI1 with clouds as the main inclusion grade makers and felt sad for the eventual owner - so i strongly recomend a good independant appraiser.
Date: 12/5/2009 12:59:30 AM
Author:msbojangles

We got this awesome oval solitaire. The GIA cert is from 2005: 1.2 carats, 8.53 by 5.81 mm, 64% depth, 58% table, thick girdle (i was ok with this as i felt it may increase durability), VG polish and symmetry, SI1 (clouds, crystals, indented natural, and surface graining- i did not want feathers because they are small cracks), K color with strong blue fluro. The diamond was just under 2k and after the setting and tax it came to around $2400. It seems consistent with a basic price search but is there anything else you would be concerned about? I know the appraisal and insurance have to come now.
Fear of feathers has been blown out of proportion here - again a good appraiser can guide you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 3:55:29 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I do not do price assesments, but prima facie the numbers are not rejection - I have seen GIA SI1 with clouds as the main inclusion grade makers and felt sad for the eventual owner - so i strongly recomend a good independant appraiser.

Fear of feathers has been blown out of proportion here - again a good appraiser can guide you.
Ditto Garry, an appraiser will be able to tell you a lot more and whether the clouds are impacting performance, also check whether the strong blue fluorescence is making the diamond look cloudy in some lights. Good luck, it looks like a pretty diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results