shape
carat
color
clarity

a gift for dad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m a daddy''s girl - and very proud of it! I haven''t seen him in ages (i.e. different continent) and I plan on spending time with him in December. So I''ve been thinking - he always gives me jewelries and I''ve never given him any. I was thinking of buying a ring as a "welcoming" present when I meet him but when I told this to my bf, he said children don''t give jewelries to parents - that it should be the other way around.

Personally I don''t agree with what he said. I mean, if the person means a lot to you, why would it matter if he/she is older or, in this case, my dad?

What do YOU think?

p.s. I''m planning on buying him a ring. *I smell a big project coming and I''d like PSers to help!*

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see anything wrong with what you want to gift your father, why not?!
My sisters and I all pitched in and bought our mom a beautiful Garnet ring for her birthday one year (her birthstone), and another ring for Christmas one year...she loves them!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a grea idea provided your dad wears rings. Only saying this because my dad doesn''t even wear his wedding band.

zeiss

Rough_Rock
A set of cufflinks, a bracelet, a watch, a pendant are also great gift ideas you might consider for your dad.

Zeiss

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
i think its very sweet of you..
21.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Is your dad someone who wears jewelry? It''s much easier to give a woman jewelry than a man! If he doesn''t typically wear men''s rings (like a class ring or something?), then I''d lean toward getting him a really nice watch instead. Nice thought though!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great idea and very sweet! Just make sure he''s comfortable wearing rings. If you want to get some great ideas, there''s a thread on CS featuring a gem cutter''s personal jewelry collection (men''s rings). The cutter is Barry Bridgestock (who has amazing colored stones). Here is the thread

If you want to make a ring with a colored stone in it, stop by the CS board - we''d be happy to help you look!
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I would be certain in myself that the jewellery gift was appropriate to him, and his taste.

I suggested to my much loved husband that for his 40th birthday, I should replace his long-lost wedding band with a lovely special new one, secret diamond and all.
He told me that if I spent a cent on jewellery for him
6.gif
he would ''throw it over the back fence into the neighbour''s yard'' !!!!!!!!!!!!
14.gif

Men!

I was particularly surprised as he appeared to really enjoy the original process of choosing his wedding band, and chose one that was among the more expensive from the local choices available (in our regional area) ... and he was very upset when it was lost...

33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results