shape
carat
color
clarity

A Garrard eternity band….in my size!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m dying a little, why do I look for stuff?!

Some of you know I found a real treasure when I happened upon an authentic Garrard diamond ring a few months back. Complete with original box and paperwork (which actually comes in a hard bound book….yep fancy!) still stunned that I own it.

Okay so now I have found an authentic vintage Garrard diamond eternity band IN MY SIZE which is 8 1/2 so no small miracle there. It is about 75 points. Now the catch….it is just over 4K!!! Many times I can swing purchases, float money etc but this is out of reach right now. Still the idea of having a set of Garrard is, well damn that would be amazing!

Maybe the point of this post is just to share the struggle with like-minded people. Of course my husband will say buy it, especially because when I told him about it he guessed it was 24K, so 4K sounds like a bargain.

Le sigh

This is from Garrard’s site, not the same one, just an example
BC86DF92-C9BE-4EC3-8782-251D7D4C993D.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If only I didn't have to get my transmission replaced, I would have enough to buy this for you.....
But the car wants what the car wants.....:(

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! Is there anything you can sell? A kidney (surely, I jest :lol: ) ?
But really, can you put a deposit on it and sell a few items? You’ll likely not find another…
#enabler

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If only I didn't have to get my transmission replaced, I would have enough to buy this for you.....
But the car wants what the car wants.....:(

Oh you are too sweet but I wouldn’t accept it anyways too expensive. These cars, such a bummer, transmissions are so expensive too. This better be the last thing with this car for a long time!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But really, can you put a deposit on it and sell a few items? You’ll likely not find another…
#enabler

Agree with this!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#enabler

Ah true, unlikely to find another one. I was thinking about it, DH was trying to gauge how serious I was about it.

Then I went back to the listing to find out how wide it is. 3mm, which would not look proportional with my current solitaire, I need 2mm or less. Whew! Dodged a bullet there!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with this!!!

So true but when seriously considering and looking over the details it is too wide. My current ring looks better with thinner bands. Van Craeynest bands are pretty slim right? That may be an idea for our 20th anniversary in five years. I have always wanted a floral VC band.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. They are slim and lovely. Perfect for stacking imho!
So true but when seriously considering and looking over the details it is too wide. My current ring looks better with thinner bands. Van Craeynest bands are pretty slim right? That may be an idea for our 20th anniversary in five years. I have always wanted a floral VC band.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an example of what I’m talking about for width. It seems like the wider the band, the more it overpowers the solitaire IMO.

These two together are 3mm, same as the Garrard band
67AFDBDF-4CD1-4BCD-A168-0CD483FF0F4B.jpeg

This one is 2.5mm
833F15F7-671F-4C26-8B0A-EDB1CB2847B8.jpeg

This is 1.5mm
5F9B3AFD-76F5-48CB-83CA-F7B3E45DC0AB.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I tried to crop those all the same but obviously not the best, same for the lighting unfortunately.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, although I hate to pay full price, that’s probably the only way I’m going to get a VC in my size. Thanks for confirming about the width, I know you have seen them in person.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are you all mad? What is with the back and forth reasoning here. Christmas is coming and your talking about car transmissions and dodging bullets? Nonsense rubbish and poppycock! Snap out of it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you all mad? What is with the back and forth reasoning here. Christmas is coming and your talking about car transmissions and dodging bullets? Nonsense rubbish and poppycock! Snap out of it.

I’m sorry, I have no idea what you’re saying here. Snap out of what exactly?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain - I have big fingers too (size 8 :wavey:) and every time I see true antiques or preloved items in my size I think -MUST buy now or I’ll never get the chance again!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be wrong but I think she’s being silly like “stop thinking of practical things and just buy it already!”

Oh gotcha, gosh I was just telling DH that when I’m 80 I don’t want to own a car. Let me live close enough to stores etc and give me a bike. Cars are just too expensive and too much responsibility. Plus then I can take all the money that would have been spent on a car and buy pretty bling instead ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean, it is really the truth with bigger ring sizes. I see so many pretty rings and they are size 6 or 7. Maybe that’s a good thing because having limited options keeps more money in the bank ;-)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
At this price, is there potential for measurable *profit* here? Maybe enough to get the ball rolling on a Gerrard EB that's in the 1.5-2.0mm width that you desire?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results