shape
carat
color
clarity

a few questions for first time buyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeepster85

Rough_Rock
Well I think it is time to bite the bullet and ask my girlfriend of two years to marry me. A few months ago I asked her to give me an idea of what she might like, she did the research and came up with a $15,000 ring (I don''t think she kept my salary in mind).
My budget is about $5,000 and I have actually matched up the style quite well. What I am looking at is a:

-18k gold Meno collection Diamond Pave setting
-.75 - 1 carat asscher center stone
-Id-g cut/ h-f color / si1-vvs2 clarity

I really don''t know too much about diamonds so is this even possible, I have done quite a bit of research online and at b&m stores. I have found that at a store this is def. not possible, but I am still a little nervous about buying online(repair,return,sizing). I saw this ring at Novori.com but have not heard much about the company. When searching for info on the site not much came up. Is there any other sites that offer a similar ring that is more reputable or another route to follow. If anyone has any ideas for me that would be great, thanks so much for your time!!!!!!
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For an asscher you should stick with an H color and VS1, or VS2 clarity. A step cut will show inclusions more easily than a RB would. I bought mine from www.goodoldgold.com There is a lot of good info on there. With asschers we like to see pics. We don''t go by numbers alone. Buying online is easy, and way cheaper than a B&M. I bought mine last year, it''s a .92 E VS1, and it cost me $3862. You have a great budget, and can go with a better color and clarity. I have yet to see an eye clean SI1 assscher. Good luck!!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weeeeeeeeell.

I found one diamond that looks okay(actually it''s the only one in your price range at GOG) ... not sure about that Diam X ray pic though... strm would have to weigh in on that.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php?d=876&shape=4&priceMax=4000&inHouse=3&resultsColumns=268451855&singleResult=1

It''s an H so it''s at the lower end of color....

Here are a couple more but I''m exhausted (just waiting for the washer to stop-- doing laundry) so I haven''t really paid the best attention to these... someone will be along to help you further though, I''m sure.

http://www.whiteflash.com/asscher/Asscher-cut-diamond-2352153.htm

Plus my entire James Allen search... there are a coupe that looked okay... too tired and laundry is in dryer... good night.

jeepster85

Rough_Rock
Thanks sooo much for all the advice, I have actuall looked at james allen, and only saw the platinum settings. I am actually going to give them a call tommorrow to see if they would do white gold in that style just to make it a bit cheaper. Thank you all for the help we will see how it goes. I am just nervous about getting bad dimesions on the diamond(that is the major stories that I hear about buying online-my buddy got a snowcone for a diamond) but we will see thanks again everyone.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
have you discussed the lower budget with gf? might be smart ahead of time. lays the ground work for honesty and realistic expectations.

jeepster85

Rough_Rock
ya, that is a very good point, we actually have had the conversation. Originally she showed me a very beautiful antiquish looking ring which was a half the cost of my budget. And I was the one stupid enough to ask the question "if you could have anything what ring would it be"-- then she started to look harder and fell in love with this one. I started it, but thanks for asking because too many of my friends have that same issue. But we are quite open with each other and both come from same background so we know about money being tight.. Thanks though- people really do care about others being HAPPY-huh
26.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You should be able to get a gorgous diamond online and you should be able to see it ahead of time so don''t worry about that. Have the jeweler send the diamond you are interested in to an independent appraiser in your area so you can view it before deciding if you want to buy it. This is especially important with asschers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results