shape
carat
color
clarity

a few questions about larger stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

klein103

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a larger stone for my engagement ring but i feel kind of lost in the shuffle. There are very few places with the stones on location. i went to one in NYC that had a nice selection but the pressure to BUY BUY BUY was overwhelming. it was not an enjoyable experience.
IT seems a local jeweler can get me in a few things but what am I missing out on that he cant get. Would I do better in a larger business perhaps in NYC where they maybe they are the middleman. I really like the place I am working with but I am spending a lot of money and want the best I can get.

Second part: why is t so difficult to get the crown and table from people? Is this something a jeweler should be easily be able top determine? What is a reasonable cost for an appraisal? I would expect a reputable jeweler would allow such, correct?

How much can a med blue fluorescence effect a larger stone say 3.5 carats?

Is there a price correction for fluoroscopes?

Thank you in advance for helping me with this most important and difficult purchase.
:wavey:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
. He's on Long Island. People who met him say it is worth the trip.

Don’t forget to say magic word: "Pricescope" :)
[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results