shape
carat
color
clarity

A Few of My Vintage Pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade

Thought I would share a few pieces that have been handed down to me from my grandmother...

I have scheduled an appraisal for insurance purposes (although some of these pieces rarely leave the safety deposit box) and curiosity sake concerning value. I will post better individual pics asap!

Piece 1: diamond solitaire & white gold ring, 4 prong setting...documentation I possess say the stone is 2.89ct, round...G color...faint blue fluorescence...VS1 clarity. It was given to my GM in 1946. I love this ring and wear it from time to time...but since I am neither married or engaged, have thought about creating something else out of it...maybe an amazing RHR for special occasions...given to me when I graduated college in 2000.
30.gif

Piece 2: white gold and diamond eternity band, given in 1948...30 small diamonds (est .75-1ct TW)...very delicate and pretty...I actually wear this ring often...given to me when I graduated HS.

Piece 3: amazing diamond pendant...contains 1 pear shaped diamond (I think it is around 1ct) floating in a pear shaped frame containing 22 delicate diamonds...there is also a small round diamond at the top of the piece...set in white gold...given as an anniversary present in 1950...given to me on my 30th birthday (2008)...looking forward to more info on this gorgeous piece...

Piece 4: Gorgeous champagne colored (much lighter than picture bc of lighting and poor photography) DIAMOND (we are thinking it is 6-7ct) surrounded by a halo of delicate champagne diamonds...this was given to my GM in 1956 as an anniversary present. I cannot wait to learn more about this ring. I thought it was a smoky topaz or colored gemstone...can you imagine my surprise when I was told otherwise??? My GM gave this to me last month. She had been in a car accident on Mother''s Day and had broken her ankle and heel. I had been taking care of her (cooking meals, visiting her, taking care of her dog etc) and she asked me to go to her safe and get a small black velvet pouch...I am still in shock...

6.gif

Not pictured: 22ct aquamarine ring (looks like a brick, lol)...has a few small diamond accents...ring is white gold...still in my GM''s safe, but I want to share such a spectacular piece with ppl who will actually appreciate it!

specialrings2009.jpg

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
roverchic,

You have to post more pictures!!! They look spectacular.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pieces! I would love to see more pics of them!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
May I say how lucky you are!You have some real stunning gems there my new friend!I for one am on the edge of my seat waiting for more ,more,more,info on these beauties...the delicate bar link chain is stunning (i actually had a yellow gold one like this years ago)and looks great with the pendant!

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have been reading PS posts/tips about how to take pictures of jewelry and charging the digital slr as we speak...
If the gorgeous NC weather continues, I should post some this weekend!
4.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see more pictures and what happens at the appraisers. These are beautiful pieces.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, your jewelry pieces are gorgeous! What a lucky lady you are! I too am looking forward to more pics!

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
pics...enjoy

roverchicpear.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
another pic

roverchicpear1.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
and another

roverchicpear2.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
back

roverchicpear4.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
solitaire

roverchicring5.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
ring...indoor bathroom lighting...will try outdoors tomorrow...

roverchicring6.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
sorry bad lighting...but you get the idea :)

roverchicring4.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
again, poor lighting / background...diamond is definitely not this color in natural light!

roverchicring2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How fortunate you are to have a wonderful relationship with your grandmother--and what beautiful jewelry!

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
more pics

roverchicring8.jpg

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
and another...can''t quite seem to get my lighting right, lol.

roverchicring10.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
beautiful collection!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful collection! Where in NC do you live?

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you.
I am near Winston-Salem, NC.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I know Winston-Salem. Now I want Cookout but I live in In N'' Out country....

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing.
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
You are so fortunate. These are breathtaking!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers! Just beautiful...I hear you on the taking the pics thing...not easy to do...
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
OMG. All the pieces are amazing. I would keep most of that in a safety deposit box too. You mentioned that you might turn the solitaire into something else, please don''t. Save it and cherish it and one day maybe when you are ready to be married or engaged you can use it. It is so beautiful and you would have the ering and the memory of your GM in one wonderful ring.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Rover, my husband is from Winston and I''m from Asheville . . . and Y2Kitty, now I want Cookout in the WORST way!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a few of us from Charlotte and we are talking about having a GTG. Not sure if you are interested but keep your eye out in hangout if you are!

ETA: cookout has always scared me but now you guys have be wondering what I am missing out on!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 8:52:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
There are a few of us from Charlotte and we are talking about having a GTG. Not sure if you are interested but keep your eye out in hangout if you are!

ETA: cookout has always scared me but now you guys have be wondering what I am missing out on!

Mmmm . . . their burgers taste straight off a charcoal grill, and they use pickle strips instead of little normal circles, but it''s the fries and shakes that really seal the deal. Especially if you get the cajun seasoning on those fries . . . mmmm. Ok, now I''m miserably hungry! lol

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Don''t know how I missed this for so long, but I had to say Beautiful Collection! I took my original e-ring pear and made a pendant out of it in a setting somewhat similar to yours. Mine is channel set (with a MUCH smaller pear!) and doesn''t have the diamond on top. I think it''s a lovely pendant and absolutely gorgeous to wear every day.

I would leave the e-ring as is, at least for a few more years. If you love it, you may regret not having it to wear as your e-ring. However, if you feel that you would want your fiance to choose your ring, maybe you could make a pendant out of it. A 2ct necklace would be AWESOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results