shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new things

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few things that I''ve purchased over the past couple of months that I never got around to photographing.

First up, I also got a box for my loose gems. I was beginning to have way too many gemmies lying around in gem paper. Although it''s not shown in the picture, I got one with the clear hinged lid.

kiz-gembox1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next up is a red beryl from ACS. It''s a teeny little guy; only .13cts and 3.5mm but it''s a very bright pinky red.

kiz-bixbite1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a hand shot to show it''s size.

kiz-bixbite2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A close up.

kiz-bixbite3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And in the morning sun.

kiz-bixbite4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next, also from ACS, quartz with crocidolite. Really a neat looking stone. This guy has some surface pitting, the most obvious bit is near the bottom.

kiz-crocquartz1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Shows the big flaw a bit better.

kiz-crocquartz2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And in the sunshine.

kiz-crocquartz3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Lastly, a sapphire ring from Fay Cullen. It''s a pink and purple sapphire in 2 tone 10k gold. The pink sapphire is a lot more vibrant than shown in the picture.

kiz-fcsapphire1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot. It sits really low.

kiz-fcsapphire2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Side detail. The leaves are in green gold and the rest is yellow gold.

kiz-fcsapphire3.jpg

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
kismet...beautiful new collection..I love them all...especially the red beryl

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You always have awesome goodies!

That ring is really nice!
30.gif
I love the design!

-A

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Meher_Thacker. It certainly holds its own, especially for being so small.

Arcadian: Thanks :) I don''t think I''d buy anything really expensive from FC but they do have some neat stuff from time to time.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am fascinated by red beryl, but I haven''t seen one in real life yet. How does the colour compare to ither pink and red gems?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your little bixbite. I have seen them in real life and it is a real shame they don''t come in larger sizes at a reasonable price. It is an awesome red stone. I was at a gem show and the vendor had a fairly large one of about 2 or 3 carats in his pocket, which he had already been sold for $$$$. He whipped it out to show to a couple of us fans.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It would be great if you could put a picture in the Red thread.
1.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
very nice..you can see the transparency real well in that quartz in the sun pic

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That quartz is really interesting. Does it really look as opaque in certain lighting and more transparent in others? Never seen anything like that before.

Nice case too Kismet! I think we need a `Show me your case` thread!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooo i love the quartz, especially the sun pic!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Great additions!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 8:46:28 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I am fascinated by red beryl, but I haven''t seen one in real life yet. How does the colour compare to ither pink and red gems?

From left to right my red stones are: Umba garnet, rubelite, star ruby, bixbite, tanga garnet, red spinel, tanga garnet. It''s probably closest to the rubelite in hue; a bit pinker probably because of the smaller size.

kiz-bixbite5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

kiz-bixbite8.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:37:06 AM
Author: Gailey
That quartz is really interesting. Does it really look as opaque in certain lighting and more transparent in others? Never seen anything like that before.

Nice case too Kismet! I think we need a `Show me your case` thread!

I guess it depends on how good your vision is. My vision is crap so I can hold it at arms length (indoors) and it looks solid blue. At about a foot away I can see that it''s not solid blue. In the sunlight, even at arms length, I can tell it''s not a solid color.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, am in awe of your red beryl. It is pretty clean, too.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The red beryl is a really pretty color and the quartz is a cool stone. What are you going to do with them? The Fay Cullen ring is beautiful!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
nice collection, kismet, but...

i LOVE that quartz!

beautiful :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, everything is fabulous! Love the bixbite, the quartz and the very unique FC ring too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love your bixbite. So bright! Do you think you''ll set it?

I had a deeply religious teacher once that that a pair of bixbite earrings, and they had to have been at least 8x6 each. They were the most beautiful, vibrant fuschia-pink color. Similar to a hot pink sapphire, but they glowed in an ethereal way. I wondered if they were bixbite for a month or two before, mentally debating that it couldn''t be but looked so much like it. When I finally asked her, she replied that they were red emeralds. When I asked where she got them, all she said was "at the jewelers". It was so mysterious, and I still wonder about her and her earrings sometimes.

Ok, theadjack over.

I also love your Fay Cullen ring! Its gorgeous, and I love the green gold detailing. The crocodolite is also very interesting! Very neat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results