shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new cabs

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I was browsing sparklequest on etsy and I couldn't stop at just one. Their shipping was super quick across the country, I ordered them on Friday and I got them Monday.

First up are a pair of pink opal briolettes. These are drilled all the way through so I could add stones fore or aft or both! The rounds pink tanga garnets, about 6mm.

kiz-pinkopals1.jpg

kiz-pinkopals2.jpg

kiz-pinkopals3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next are a pair of Cherry Creek jasper. I just loved the design and contrasting colors on these guys. The first photo makes them look like they're different sizes but they're a matched pair.

And then I got a pair of Oregon sunstone briolettes. These are only partially drilled. They're a pale peach color with some nice schiller.

kiz-jasper1.jpg

kiz-jasper2.jpg

kiz-ssbriolette1.jpg

kiz-ssbriolette2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And one last sunstone pic.

And the last piece I purchased was pyrite in quartz. It's more translucent than it looks at first glance. It's also surprisingly light.

kiz-ssbriolette3.jpg

kiz-pyritequartz1.jpg

kiz-pyritequartz2.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh they are gorgeous! I love those cherry creek jaspers in particular: so cool - almost like oil paintings, but in gem form! I have been eyeing up sparklequest myself :oops: and I bought a medium-large cab sunstone a couple of days ago - one with pink schiller. It looks like I will be very happy with it, if the quality is anything like your stunners :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Those are absolutely great & so unusual. The jasper's a knockout! Love the color of the sunstones too. And the combination of opals & garnets -- yow!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome cabs, I am particularly in love with the jasper.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jaspers are just perfect - well match and the colour contrast is beautiful!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh those cabs are gorgeous!! How do you plan on setting them? I hope you do earrings with the opals!

off to lurk on etsy and find that store!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1311073038|2972075 said:
Oh they are gorgeous! I love those cherry creek jaspers in particular: so cool - almost like oil paintings, but in gem form! I have been eyeing up sparklequest myself :oops: and I bought a medium-large cab sunstone a couple of days ago - one with pink schiller. It looks like I will be very happy with it, if the quality is anything like your stunners :love:

Thanks! I do love the pattern on them. Make sure to post pics of your sunstone when you get it!
JewelFreak said:
Those are absolutely great & so unusual. The jasper's a knockout! Love the color of the sunstones too. And the combination of opals & garnets -- yow!

Thanks! I lucked out with those garnets being just the right shade of pink/red. My other garnets are too orange/red to look good with the pink.

TL said:
Awesome cabs, I am particularly in love with the jasper.

They look even nicer in person and you can't beat the price either.

Chrono said:
The jaspers are just perfect - well match and the colour contrast is beautiful!

Thanks! The contrast was definitely what drew me in when looking.

Sarahbear621 said:
Oh those cabs are gorgeous!! How do you plan on setting them? I hope you do earrings with the opals!

off to lurk on etsy and find that store!

They're all going to be earrings (except for the quartz). I think I will set the opals with the garnets on top and maybe just a gold bead on the bottom. The sunstones will just be capped and I'll use them as earring charms. I'll probably bezel set the jasper and have them hang from lever backs.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love cabs and yours are really great.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely cabs! I really love the opal brios, very elegant.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jaspers are STUNNING! Lucky you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the jaspers.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
They are all beautiful, but I especially love the jasper as well. The colors and patterns are just stunning. They really stand out! I can totally see them as earrings.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you movie zombie, IndyLady, LovingDiamonds, crasru & platinumrock!

I don't know why, but I'm kind of surprised that the jaspers are the big favorite.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I especially love the opals and the jaspers. Would you consider setting the opals with morganites?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1311286957|2974103 said:
I especially love the opals and the jaspers. Would you consider setting the opals with morganites?

Hrm, I probably would not set the opals with morganites for 2 reasons: 1) I don't currently own any and I have a bunch of other stones that need setting and 2) I think morganites would be too pale and they would just fade into the opals. I prefer the pop of color with the garnets.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hands-down to your Jaspers. So unique & sooo beautiful! :love:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet|1311072180|2972070 said:
Next are a pair of Cherry Creek jasper. I just loved the design and contrasting colors on these guys. The first photo makes them look like they're different sizes but they're a matched pair.

And then I got a pair of Oregon sunstone briolettes. These are only partially drilled. They're a pale peach color with some nice schiller.

Oh wow! The Cherry Creek Jasper is fascinating! :love: The sunstones are very pretty as well. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results