shape
carat
color
clarity

A few LGD questions...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest @DejaWiz and @Kim N...your expertise is required pleaseandthankyou! :bigsmile:

So I'm starting to look for a roughly 1ct diamond (or a bit smaller, maybe 0.90 or so), and I'm needing bit of advice. This diamond is for a ring so I'd like it be a smashing cut, not too concerned on colour (lower is preferable but not essential) or clarity, so long as it's eye clean. I've only bought LGDs or earrings thus far, so haven't had a particular preference for HPHT vs. CVD, but am wondering if HPHT may be better for a ring, given the striations that can be present in CVD stones, as well as the fact that the former is closer to that of a mined stone? How can I tell from a video if there is blue nuance present in a HPHT stone - is it visibly blue?

I found this one below and popped the numbers into the HCA, and it came back with a score of 0.9 - 'Excellent' on each of the 4 criteria, although the polish and symmetry are only Very Good. Is it correct to assume the cut would be up to snuff based on the HCA as a guide, or are the numbers not too favourable?

I'm not ready to purchase just yet, so not concerned about posted stones getting snapped up, I just need to know if I'm on the right track, or have tripped and stumbled into the veggie patch.

Many thanks in advance!!

Video:

Certificate:
Cert01.jpg Cert02.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Dandi!
I'd definitely stick to excellent for polish and symmetry, regardless if it's a diamond graded by GIA or IGI.
When you're ready to buy, just holler and we'll provide some killer HPHT options for you to review and pick from. :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Dandi!
I'd definitely stick to excellent for polish and symmetry, regardless if it's a diamond graded by GIA or IGI.
When you're ready to buy, just holler and we'll provide some killer HPHT options for you to review and pick from. :)

You're awesome, thank you! EX/EX and HPHT it is! :kiss2:

Holler I shall!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut on the stone you posted is actually not bad, but I agree with DejaWiz on sticking with excellent polish and symmetry. There are so many stones out there that there's no need to settle. And while there are definitely great CVD stones, I too have a personal preference for HPHT.

Just let us know when you're ready to start the search!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut on the stone you posted is actually not bad, but I agree with DejaWiz on sticking with excellent polish and symmetry. There are so many stones out there that there's no need to settle. And while there are definitely great CVD stones, I too have a personal preference for HPHT.

Just let us know when you're ready to start the search!

You're amazing, thank you so much @Kim N! I look forward to your recommendations when the time comes :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results