shape
carat
color
clarity

A few gem show stones

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
There a a few more items but these are my favorite. Some Nevada Faustite. Two small pink tourmalines from the Himalaya mine. The mine owner was there. These are included but pretty and they were very inexpensive. And I've finally found the perfect moonstone for my tatse! I really like this one.

turquoise-tourm.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
another photo.

green turquoise.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes ( in my opinion ) the moonstones that are too clear don't glow enough. I don't like the very included ones either. And the white cats eye ones are cool but this one is a good combo of a lot of qualities I like.

IMG_1134.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the moonstone!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely moonstone!! I like the pink cabs too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love the green turquoise!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun stones but moonstones always catch my eyes first.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
BTW the first picture doesn't do the stones justice at all! The green turquoise is very apple green in color. The pink is also very nice. But I have been looking for green turquoise for ages. It's usually too expensive or more teal. This guy had a great collection. He had some really beautiful gem quality Nevada blue turquoise. It had a translucent quality to it. But as usual I was on a budget and had to make some tough choices. I love the moonstone too. Worthy of a yellow gold setting I think. I also picked up some copal ( amber that has not totally matured), and some Australian chrysoprase.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw green turquoise. It looks apple-green, beautiful. And the pink little ones are so delicate!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that green turquoise is really beautiful.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1312938827|2987616 said:
Wow, that green turquoise is really beautiful.

my thoughts exactly!

sort of fun to own some himalaya mine tourmaline, is it not, Kitten? did the mine owner have anything of interest to say?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I love the idea of having tourmaline from California and I'd love more in the future. The owner is a young woman. She had a lot of stones and was wearing a fantastic bracelet made from huge pink cabochons. Did you know you can pay to go mining there? It's kind of pricy though.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
last i'd heard all the mines in that area were owned by men!

i think i knew one could dig at some of the mines down there but didn't know that the himalaya was one of those.

would have loved to see the pieces she was wearing.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
The moonstone is lovely! :love:
And I've never seen a green turquoise (actually I didn't know it existed! :tongue: )

Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty and unusual but I love the Moonstone in particular. What are your plans for it?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well, I feel like I need to start making some rings for my pointer finger ( what is that finger really called?). I have so many right hand rings for my right hand ring finger already. So thats what I'll do with the moonstone. It would be nice in gold but I might just go with silver. I want something simple and sleek.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1313090981|2988729 said:
Well, I feel like I need to start making some rings for my pointer finger ( what is that finger really called?). I have so many right hand rings for my right hand ring finger already. So thats what I'll do with the moonstone. It would be nice in gold but I might just go with silver. I want something simple and sleek.

Index finger?

I agree that something simple and sleek will be gorgeous!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That Faustite is really cool. Love the veining, and I really like that off pear shape. (At first glance, it reminded of nickel bearing magnesite.) Would make an interesting ring or pendant. Looking forward to seeing what you create. I love the idea of an index finger ring.

eta: How's the jewelry making going? I'd love to see more of your pieces.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I still love my jewelry making classes and I'm doing a 5 week casting class right now. Working with wax takes some getting used to though. Wish I had more than one day a week to work on stuff :-/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results