shape
carat
color
clarity

A fair price for this LGD on the secondhand market

M

MillieLou

I was just curious as to what a fair offer for this ring might be?

I'm in the UK and LGDs are hard to come by over here, so prices are hard to compare, doubly so on the secondhand market!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
1.49 H SI1 for approx $2700usd, that's almost full retail...a price expected from a seller that would give a return policy, warranty, and maybe even an upgrade program.

Without any of those customer perks, I probably wouldn't give more than $40-60% value, tops. And only if it was an excellent performer.

Otherwise, I'd maybe consider a purchase 20-33% of full retail for a secondhand LGD.

However, this is me talking from the USA where I can pick from quite a few local sellers, travel a bit in my region and find way more, or pick from a at least a hundred online sellers, so I do have a bit of "regional bias".

Have you checked Emerald inventory at 77 Diamonds in London?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi!
Curious… if you’re already considering an online purchase (eBay) … it might make sense to consider established sellers that might not necessarily be in the UK…
Deja makes very good points. Buying on the secondhand market should involve prices substantially lower than from established sellers

M

MillieLou

1.49 H SI1 for approx $2700usd, that's almost full retail...a price expected from a seller that would give a return policy, warranty, and maybe even an upgrade program.

Without any of those customer perks, I probably wouldn't give more than $40-60% value, tops. And only if it was an excellent performer.

Otherwise, I'd maybe consider a purchase 20-33% of full retail for a secondhand LGD.

However, this is me talking from the USA where I can pick from quite a few local sellers, travel a bit in my region and find way more, or pick from a at least a hundred online sellers, so I do have a bit of "regional bias".

Have you checked Emerald inventory at 77 Diamonds in London?

Thank you - and thanks for the link to 77 Diamonds! The price for brand new is comparable to the eBay one! Are they a reputable seller?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you - and thanks for the link to 77 Diamonds! The price for brand new is comparable to the eBay one! Are they a reputable seller?

You're welcome.
From what I have read on the diamond groups on Reddit and some other sites, many folks have been very happy with 77 Diamonds, aside from the search process to sort through their larger inventory to get a great performing diamond being a bit tedious, but that can be said about the inventories of many online sellers.

M

MillieLou

Hmm, the seller will take £1500, absolute final offer... I can't find a comparable UK item (considering the platinum setting) for less than £2500. Importing from abroad would add 25% to the price with VAT, customs charges, handling fees etc. I do like the look of the stone -it would be good to get a view on this :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results