shape
carat
color
clarity

A face lotion for the dry chilly season?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
There was a similar thread last year, and someone recommended apricot kernal oil. I tried it and it is amazing. I get it at Whole Foods and it is about $10 for a good sized bottle. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin, and it is always difficult to find a product that moisturizes but doesn''t break my face out. It is greasy, but absorbs quickly. Plus, it is organic.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Linda W: I know! I read your post and you made me want to try it lol! I guess I will have to wait till the super defense is gone now!

Just a quick warning, be careful using anything with bee propolis in it, as overtime you can develop a sensitivity to it. My mum bought me a jar of cream with BP in it from the healthfood store a few years ago because my skin was so dry and I loved it! After a couple months, though, I started to get this red rash on my face that would flare up for a few hours then go away. I didn''t realize it was due to the moisturizer until one night when I put it on after not having used it for a few days and the rash flared up terribly. My face turned bright red and burned so badly I had to go to the hospital...the skin all peeled off and I had scarring for weeks. Most people use it without any problem at all, but a few people experience the same thing I did apparently.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 11:57:08 PM
Author: niccia
Linda W: I know! I read your post and you made me want to try it lol! I guess I will have to wait till the super defense is gone now!

Just a quick warning, be careful using anything with bee propolis in it, as overtime you can develop a sensitivity to it. My mum bought me a jar of cream with BP in it from the healthfood store a few years ago because my skin was so dry and I loved it! After a couple months, though, I started to get this red rash on my face that would flare up for a few hours then go away. I didn''t realize it was due to the moisturizer until one night when I put it on after not having used it for a few days and the rash flared up terribly. My face turned bright red and burned so badly I had to go to the hospital...the skin all peeled off and I had scarring for weeks. Most people use it without any problem at all, but a few people experience the same thing I did apparently.

Ack!!! Thank you for telling me. I will be careful now because my skin is really sensitive.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
There''s one more lotion that I want to mention that some of my friends swear by. Bella Lucce Multifruit Regenerative Face Cream is great for winter skin.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
For my face, I love Cetaphil. When I go out, I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer since it has SPF 15.

For my hands, I recently started using Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. I LOVE it! My hands are always very dry in the winter and this works wonders. They say you can use it on your face or anywhere you dry skin needs help, but I haven't tried.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results