shape
carat
color
clarity

A DK two’fer project - from two, one

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so beyond thrilled with the work on my pear reset, that I’m ready to dive into my next remodel. If you’re game for a read - here’s what I’m thinking.

It would creating a platinum 3 stone with the 1.5 carat in the cigar band piece as the center with the two .75 carats in the yellow sapphire piece as the sides.

I’d love to set the center EC with double claw prongs and singles on the side stones in something like a trellis setting, setting them evenly, not setting the center stone higher than the sides.

I’d be left with an loose yellow sapphire to put into a simple 14k yellow gold prong pendant for a necklace. I’ll get with my local jeweler and order something from Stuller for that.

I’d have the round and baguette melee from the cigar band for some future thingamabob.

56E027C4-2F4B-4725-A7D1-9CAB35B6C140.jpeg
The 1.5 in the cigar band is 9x6 and the two smaller ones are 6x5. The 1.5 that will be in the center is a H/J and I think the two smaller ones are G. I bought the yellow sapphire 3 stone as a finished piece a million years ago - no idea where the paper work is.

When I have CADs, I’ll post and share.

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great idea! You could also use the baguettes and rounds to create a matching wedding band to the three stone ring. Like an alternating one.. round, round, baguette, round round baguette.
Looking forward to seeing your new finery!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, i love this idea! I think emeralds make really good 3-stone rings as there's something beautiful about the clean lines.

Looking forward to the cads!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh can't wait to see the results.

Exciting! I love repurposing jewelry!

I would actually halo the 1.5 EC with the two sides, I like a large size differential between centre and sides. But that's purely personal preference. You do have the melee to do it, though!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting! I love repurposing jewelry!

I would actually halo the 1.5 EC with the two sides, I like a large size differential between centre and sides. But that's purely personal preference. You do have the melee to do it, though!

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve come to learn that I’m not a massive fan of white on white, diamond on diamond halos. I gravitate to a halo of diamond or colored stones/fancy diamonds or vice versa. I like the color contrast.

That’s part of why I don’t wear the cigar band as much as years ago when I got it.

I also have a pretty active lifestyle and I don’t always take my rings off. I found smaller melee halos are a nightmare for cleaning when my hands get covered in dirt & sweat from my horses.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THis will be lovely, @caolsen - I love a plain, strong-looking EC three stone! And this will be substantial!

Could you use the round melee to halo the sapphire to give it some size/weight? You could bezel it in yellow gold, then add the melee around that. Would be one possibility, and very beautiful.

Can't wait to see the CADs of your three stone - this will be lovely!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
We’ve got a CAD back. These always look a bit clunky - I know David will solve for that, but would love thoughts.

I’m aiming for a double claw on the center and singles on the side stones but those don’t show in this. Just bit pointy bits :)

236A5738-6664-48BE-BDE1-A30D04FDE75B.jpeg

This picture below is my current 3 stone trellis and the inspiration piece.

7BCD563E-FED8-4EBB-B058-03C552D2C28C.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
THis will be lovely, @caolsen - I love a plain, strong-looking EC three stone! And this will be substantial!

Could you use the round melee to halo the sapphire to give it some size/weight? You could bezel it in yellow gold, then add the melee around that. Would be one possibility, and very beautiful.

Can't wait to see the CADs of your three stone - this will be lovely!

This is a great idea!!!! Not sure I will pony up the cash for both now, but as a future project - this is a Klass idea!

Get it, ‘class’ :roll2: I’m such a nerd...

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait to see finished pics!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo yes, love this plan!!! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Rings are in the mail to Sunny California. Let the 25 day clock start!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
We’ve got a CAD back. These always look a bit clunky - I know David will solve for that, but would love thoughts.

I’m aiming for a double claw on the center and singles on the side stones but those don’t show in this. Just bit pointy bits :)

236A5738-6664-48BE-BDE1-A30D04FDE75B.jpeg

This picture below is my current 3 stone trellis and the inspiration piece.

7BCD563E-FED8-4EBB-B058-03C552D2C28C.jpeg

I love the gallery swoopy swoops!!! I also just mailed something to DK that should arrive today!! Can’t wait to see your finished ring!!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
The CAD arrived. Here’s what will go off the casting. And now I have actual stone specs as David pulled the stones from the donor settings.

The center is a 1.51 carat J color, VS2 clarity, excellent polish, very good symmetry. The sides are .54ct and .53ct I color, VS clarity. No idea why I thought they were .75 each.

So, all she will be 2.28 carats.

D7F8D6AE-27B0-42F5-BBAA-C8BA7B942206.jpeg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
:love: She sure is stunning!!! Bet you can't wait to have her on your hand!!! :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful. Can’t wait to see it on your finger. ❤️❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@caolsen She is stunning!! Gorgeous!! Can’t wait for hand shots. Perfect!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
She is gorgeous.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Love the proportions!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I can't wait for hand shots.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I can't wait for hand shots.

This one can go to the barn, beefy setting but I should probably leave it at home.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic beauty!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your remodel turned out great! Can’t wait to see the hand shots!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks A.MAZ.ING! Can’t wait for you to see her in person! blown away :)

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Whoa whoA whoa! I need to see more shots please! I adore the angle of the stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results