shape
carat
color
clarity

A DK octagonal reset

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I upgraded my e-ring in December (some of you are familiar with my OEC aka Chippy) but didn't want to sell my original diamond, which was an mrb set in a classic three stone trellis setting from Jeff Cooper:

IMG_9763.JPG IMG_9765.JPG

I feel like Jeff Cooper rings had popularity long ago but I don't see his name come up anymore; I have to say though that the setting has been one of the most solid I have come across and so well made. Heavy platinum (almost 7 grams) and I loved the clean modern lines. Still, it was time for a change and I have been loving octagonal settings, especially since they make your diamond look bigger! I was really inspired by this VC ring - https://www.victorcanera.com/product/10409/vintage-octagonal-solitaire-with-pave

It was outside my budget though, and I winced at the $300 set fee. My diamond is an SI2 and not the fanciest, but again that sentimentality....

Enter David Klass. This was my first ring with him and he did not disappoint. I decided that in place of the roundels in the inspo pic, to put in bezeled diamonds instead. I really love the effect. And as for the three stone setting, I had a little tanzanite cut to put in there. I love the gem and cannot believe how brilliant it is! I guess that is what they mean by precision cut! I have to say, I was a bit surprised though to feel a tinge of melancholy when I saw the tanzy in my original engagement ring. I have had that ring for 16 years now, so it was just strange to see it without its diamond. But I tell myself that I kept both the setting and the stone; they just are different now :) Enough blah blah and onto photos. I am not great at doing all the shots with flowers and all that jazz, so some hand shots will have to do:

IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0686.JPG

That last pic is with my pave band and now I'm wondering if I should get a band that will match :)

I'm so appreciative of fellow PSers who helped me with some changes after seeing the mold and drawings! Now time to sprout new hands as this ring collection expands...

Last edited:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:. I love octagonal settings. It is gorgeous. Center stone looks huge. Love it! Lots more photos please .

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is spectacular. Your diamond is a MRB?

Yes. I first thought of sourcing another oec or transitional for an octagonal since they are more vintage like, but then I realized how ridiculous I was being to have three white round stones, so I was like "who cares if it doesn't 'match' the vintage vibe - I'm going for the octagonal anyway!"

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, both are beautiful. I love the new setting - it makes your diamond shine :appl:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They both look beautiful but your diamond looks amazing in its new setting, I love it!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I upgraded my e-ring in December (some of you are familiar with my OEC aka Chippy) but didn't want to sell my original diamond, which was an mrb set in a classic three stone trellis setting from Jeff Cooper:

I feel like Jeff Cooper rings had popularity long ago but I don't see his name come up anymore; I have to say though that the setting has been one of the most solid I have come across and so well made. Heavy platinum (almost 7 grams) and I loved the clean modern lines. Still, it was time for a change and I have been loving octagonal settings, especially since they make your diamond look bigger! I was really inspired by this VC ring - https://www.victorcanera.com/product/10409/vintage-octagonal-solitaire-with-pave

It was outside my budget though, and I winced at the $300 set fee. My diamond is an SI2 and not the fanciest, but again that sentimentality....

Enter David Klass. This was my first ring with him and he did not disappoint. I decided that in place of the roundels in the inspo pic, to put in bezeled diamonds instead. I really love the effect. And as for the three stone setting, I had a little tanzanite cut to put in there. I love the gem and cannot believe how brilliant it is! I guess that is what they mean by precision cut! I have to say, I was a bit surprised though to feel a tinge of melancholy when I saw the tanzy in my original engagement ring. I have had that ring for 16 years now, so it was just strange to see it without its diamond. But I tell myself that I kept both the setting and the stone; they just are different now :) Enough blah blah and onto photos. I am not great at doing all the shots with flowers and all that jazz, so some hand shots will have to do:

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0686.JPG

That last pic is with my pave band and now I'm wondering if I should get a band that will match :)

I'm so appreciative of fellow PSers who helped me with some changes after seeing the mold and drawings! Now time to sprout new hands as this ring collection expands...

Beautiful rings, @Mreader! Congrats. I’m glad you got all of this squared away. Enjoy them in good health.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! I love them both!! And your nails!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0686.JPG

Both are simply gorgeous.
Great job.
Enjoy!
Superb solution.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Do what you love!
I love the octagon and the the little rounds turned out to be the perfect size. Her new dress is fantastic :love: :love:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings. I love the new setting and detail work that DK is so good at. The tanzanite looks lovely in your old setting. Enjoy them both!

P

Petalouda

Yes. I first thought of sourcing another oec or transitional for an octagonal since they are more vintage like, but then I realized how ridiculous I was being to have three white round stones, so I was like "who cares if it doesn't 'match' the vintage vibe - I'm going for the octagonal anyway!"

I think it looks amazing and it’s great to see that a MRB looks soooo good in this setting. I’ve considered this type of setting before and was hesitant due to seeing only OECs in them. Thank you so much for sharing!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
They both look so beautiful—the tanzanite stands out next to the diamonds in the old setting and I loooove octagonal settings. Beautiful!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! I love the octagon ring! And so happy that you were able to reset the tanzy into the old setting. A lovely pop of colour! Now you got me wanting an OEC in an octagonal setting hehe.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Omg! I love them both!! And your nails!

The nails are normally unpainted and boring (and broken and different lengths haha). I slapped some polish on them just for this occasion.

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. I’m a sucker for colored stones with diamond accents. What a great way to repurpose your original setting.

And, of course, I’m also a sucker for octagonal settings. It is beautiful! How do you think your stone looks size-wise?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. I’m a sucker for colored stones with diamond accents. What a great way to repurpose your original setting.

And, of course, I’m also a sucker for octagonal settings. It is beautiful! How do you think your stone looks size-wise?

It definitely looks larger and as everybody said looks totally different from the little plastic mold.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I totally forgot I meant to post a video link.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I totally forgot I meant to post a video link.

The octagonal setting really does make your stone look huge! I really like the MRB in it. So sparkly and gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Octagon! Both rings are really gorgeous!! Congratulations!!!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a beautiful ring EIGHT days from
Sunday. Congratulations!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great reset!! Love the octagon and the coverage too!! Both beautiful! Enjoy wearing them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0686.JPG

Classic JeFF cooper ring! Love your rings--old and new--and your hands and nails. One gorgeous package!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's terrific, huge difference in size and style :kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@peppermintpatty I was the one commenting to your comment on IG about this ring. I realize all the names are different and that you may have been thinking “who is this weirdo?” Since we both chose the same DK three stone for something I thought it was funny!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous, I absolutely love how it turned out! In that shot where both rings are on the table you can really appreciate how much bigger the new setting makes the center stone look.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous, I absolutely love how it turned out! In that shot where both rings are on the table you can really appreciate how much bigger the new setting makes the center stone look.

Well that’s one thing that strange the Tanzanite looks smaller than I expected. My diamond was 6.8 and he said the Tanzanite came out to about 6.5 and yet it looks a lot a smaller to me. I had the stone shipped directly to DK so didn’t see it before it was set. I did notice that it is set much lower than the diamond was.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results