shape
carat
color
clarity

A dainty sapphire ring (Master Cut stone + Diamond Zone sett

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
First, thanks to everyone for sharing their projects and vendor reviews! I've always found them to be among the most helpful threads here, and I hope sharing the details of my little project might help future posters. :)

Stone:
I picked up this sapphire a few sales ago from Master Cut. As always, Dana was a pleasure to correspond and work with! The stone is 5.8mm, Ceylon in origin, and a bit shifty. I wasn't able to accurately portray the lovely periwinkle color that the stone exhibits in indirect light. I do hope to own one of those velvety, glowy darker blue sapphires someday, but for now I'm certainly loving the lighter color of this stone paired with the delicate, feminine vintage-inspired setting.

Setting:
This was my first time working with DiamondZone and was pleased with Ilya's service. I was getting a little nervous because the timeline kept getting pushed back! But in the end they did a beautiful job, especially given that the stone was a tiny bit larger than ideal for the setting. I also received upgraded diamonds for an extra $35, though I don't think it was necessary and would stick with standard melee next time. The bottom of the shank is rather thin (which I knew to expect from others' reviews and don't really mind) and the milgrain is a bit off in one spot as you can see in the pic. The ring looks gorgeous on the hand and I'm inclined to keep it as is, but please let me know if you think it looks like that area could be a problem down the line. In any case, the price was fantastic and I'm thrilled that I've found a viable alternative to the Chinese Ebay semi mount vendors, which I've really come to hate. I'm already looking forward to working with DiamondZone for future projects.

Onto the pictures!

In the box:

Handshot:

Thin shank and bit of wonky milgrain:

dzbox.jpg

dzgallery.jpg

dzhandshot.jpg

milgrain__amp__shank.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: A dainty sapphire ring (Master Cut stone + Diamond Zone

I think it's really beautiful!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's just stunning.. stone and setting are perfect!

:love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice stone and setting, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

Oh the blue is breathtaking. You can tell it is well-cut. ENJOY!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, how pretty is THAT? Love the blue with the white filigree, its a gorgeous ring. Great sapphire.Congrats on a wonderful project! Thanks for the pics and sharing your jeweler too! :appl: :love: :appl:

I have a filigree Edwardian-style diamond ring and the shank is narrow ("thin") and I've worn it for 12 years with no problems. I'm not a construction worker, lol, jewellers get so worked up and tell me to beef it up but time and experience have proved there's no need.

I see the wonked spot, how did they explain this to you when you picked up the ring? OTH,you want a new semi-custom piece done right but if they told you this would be the outcome for using a too-small head, well there it is.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, everyone!

azstonie|1431811533|3877560 said:
I have a filigree Edwardian-style diamond ring and the shank is narrow ("thin") and I've worn it for 12 years with no problems. I'm not a construction worker, lol, jewellers get so worked up and tell me to beef it up but time and experience have proved there's no need.

I see the wonked spot, how did they explain this to you when you picked up the ring? OTH,you want a new semi-custom piece done right but if they told you this would be the outcome for using a too-small head, well there it is.

Good to know about the thinner shank not being an issue. Re: the wonky spot, well, I don't live in Chicago, so the item was shipped to me. They didn't mention the spot or say setting would be an issue. I hope the area won't present a structural issue in the long run, so wanted to get others' opinions. It's not readily visible on the hand, just in these macro pics, so I'm not bothered by it otherwise. :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

It's beautiful! Congratulations!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Blingbunny I love your ring, the sapphire and the setting complement each other perfectly. :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it is a beautiful ring. I think I would probably keep it the way it is, unless you just can't live with it. I honestly would not have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. The color of the stone is lovely. What a great find. I would be thrilled to own that ring! I hope you love wearing it!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's amazing!!! The stone is such a lovely color and the shape of the ring is beautiful - very Art Deco!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty, and I think that's a lovely blue. I agree with azstonie - you'll get a lot of wear out of that ring before the shank becomes a problem. Enjoy it!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, got it re the wonked spot.

Well, you could think about talking to them about it. Its possibly a weak spot on the ring, so if problems develop will they take care of it? If problems do not develop, all is good; if they do and you have an agreement about that possibility, then you are covered there too.

I wouldn't have noticed this from the pics without it being pointed out. If the stone is secure, if this were me, I'd have a talk with Diamond Zone regarding the future---if a problem developed from that spot---and I'd enjoy the heck out of this pretty pretty ring without worrying about it or sending it back.

It looks great, you have done a great job choosing a setting for this beautiful sapphire :appl:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh pretty! I've had my eye on that setting for quite some time; glad to know it is nice (enough) for the price. Beautiful stone! :love:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, everyone - Both for the kind comments and the good advice. I've decided I will keep and enjoy the ring as is. ::)

ecf8503 - Definitely give them a look! This setting comes in at least two different sizes... I believe kama_s has a lovely Mahenge set in the larger version of this setting.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

love this and DZ is so nice to work with!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful! I love the color of the sapphire and the setting. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring. Your stone has such an amazing colour!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well done! I see a lovely ring - I don't see an area where the milgrain is different, so I hope you are able to enjoy it. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, this ring is really, really pretty!!! :love: Your beautiful stone looks perfect in the setting! Love the details of the sides, and the halo gives the ring good hand presence. I love it! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results