shape
carat
color
clarity

"A Cut Above" diamonds - question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockumich

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m currently new to the hunt for an engagement ring (princess cut) and I''ve heard good things about whiteflash''s "A Cut Above" Princess diamonds. However, these only seem to come with AGS reports, and I''ve heard that GIA reports hold higher standards than AGS reports, at least with respect to symmetry and polish.

Are the "A Cut Above" Princess diamonds worth looking at despite not having GIA reports? I''m fairly new to all of this, so if you could keep your answers at my level that would be great! :) Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes they are worth looking at. AGS is extremely well respected..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS grades the cut quality of princess stones and GIA doesn''t yet. So I would definitely be searching for an AGS Ideal princess if I was looking at this time.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Do a quick search AGA vs GIA.

John (former Dir. of Ed. WF) summed it up nicely (at least I remembered it).

AGS is sorta the Ivy League school.

GIA the UC system.

Everybody else the state system.

AGS known for emphasis on light performance. The smarter sibling to GIA.

GIA has beeen known to round #''s but is preferred over the rest, except AGS (oh and the "certifigate" thing).

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: opps didn''t know GIA doesn''t grade princesses.
3.gif

mikebzt

Rough_Rock
AGS reports go into more detail. There are highly respected and strict in there grading.

In regards to WF you can not go wrong with them. Tops in my book. Bought my Fiancee''s eRing and band from them. Ask for Celina she is a doll

rockumich

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results