shape
carat
color
clarity

A crisis brings out the best in some people...please share a happy story here

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My car took a dump today, something in the suspension. My car guy is going to look at it this weekend/monday when he clears out his garage from another job and another friend is paying for a weeks car rental.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne That was so nice of her! I would give it a wipe with Lysol wipes wearing gloves. Leave it to dry for a week...I would frame it when this is all over...

What a great idea @Mambean. A wonderful remembrance of the kindness of others.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1095DFD7-BAAF-4E6D-9E34-19F09D8882CD.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My car took a dump today, something in the suspension. My car guy is going to look at it this weekend/monday when he clears out his garage from another job and another friend is paying for a weeks car rental.

That’s very kind of your friend Karl. I hope your car is easily repaired.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this story.

"
Southeastern Grocers Pays Grocery Bill for Thousands of Community Heroes
Grocer pays it forward with free groceries for health care professionals and first responders
  • Southeastern Grocers paid for the groceries for health care professionals and first responders shopping in all BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie stores Monday night.
  • The community heroes were surprised with free groceries* in all seven of the states Southeastern Grocers serves to honor those working on the front line."

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our doggie friends contacted me yesterday and asked if we needed anything because her daughter works at a local high end supermarket and she drops her off every Thursday and Saturday, and would happily get us anything we need. I can‘t believe how kind people are being to us, offering to get us shopping or anything else we need. We don’t like to ask, as they have their own families to shop for, and so far, we’re getting most things we need by sourcing from all over the country, but it’s very humbling to be asked. Just saw another neighbour while we were out clapping for front line staff, and they offered to shop for us too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it.

This story warmed my heart and reminds me that there are still really good people out there

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-workers-applause-surprise-gift-a9473271.html

Love this story, thanks for sharing it.

One of our doggie friends contacted me yesterday and asked if we needed anything because her daughter works at a local high end supermarket and she drops her off every Thursday and Saturday, and would happily get us anything we need. I can‘t believe how kind people are being to us, offering to get us shopping or anything else we need. We don’t like to ask, as they have their own families to shop for, and so far, we’re getting most things we need by sourcing from all over the country, but it’s very humbling to be asked. Just saw another neighbour while we were out clapping for front line staff, and they offered to shop for us too.

I am glad people are looking out for you @Austina. Relieved you guys are A OK and can shelter in place for the duration.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a heartwarming story.

"

CORONAVIRUS
California animal shelter runs out of adoptable pets amid coronavirus outbreak

https://abc30.com/watch/

Many have flocked to animal shelters across Southern California to adopt or foster as they seek to fill up extra hours amid stay-at-home orders.

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- Many have flocked to animal shelters across the country to adopt or foster as they seek to fill up extra hours amid stay-at-home orders.

Adoption demands were so high, the Riverside County animal shelter in Southern California is now empty.

"As you can see, we have a completely empty adoption center," one animal shelter worker said to resounding cheers from coworkers.

Riverside County Department of Animal Services began to see a spike in pet adoptions late last month as new owners sought comfort in new pets.

Shelters are considered essential businesses, so they're still open, with workers practicing physical distancing.

Shelters from California to New York have put out the call for people to temporarily foster pets. Thanks to an overwhelming response from people who suddenly found themselves stuck at home, shelters say they have placed record numbers of dogs, cats and other animals. If past trends hold, many of those who agree to temporarily care for a pet will ultimately decide they want the animal to stay for good.

For those looking for a new pet, there are still plenty of animals looking for homes at other shelters."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
AN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco based Airbnb is rolling out a new effort to help provide housing to medical helpers at the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic response.

Airbnb announced its new global initiative Thursday in partnership with its hosts, the Red Cross and other nonprofit organizations.

The company says it wants to "connect 100,000 healthcare providers, relief workers, and first responders with clean, convenient places to stay that allow them to be close to their patients - and safely distanced from their own families. We may be apart, but we'll get through this together," Airbnb said in a statement."

Here's how it works: Airbnb hosts who want to help can now open their homes for free through Airbnb's Open Homes platform. The company says it was created in 2012 to meet the needs of people requiring emergency housing.

"If hosts are not able to host for free, Airbnb will still waive all fees on the stay," the company said.

Airbnb hosts must also meet a number of safety requirements including new cleanliness guidelines based on recommendations from medical experts, and allowing 72 hours between stays.

The plan builds on two pilot programs in Italy and France where doctors, nurses, caregivers and other medical support staff who are responding to the outbreak can access free accommodation through Airbnb, according to the company.

Airbnb has also launched a donation effort to help relief workers.

"Medical workers and first responders are providing lifesaving support during the coronavirus outbreak and we want to help," said Airbnb's Co-founder Joe Gebbia. "We've heard from countless hosts around the world who want to provide a comforting home to heroic first responders."
"

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quarantine ballet from Opéra National de Paris. So gorgeous, gave me chills!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my neighbors made masks for all of us. I open my mailbox yesterday afternoon and there was a beautiful handmade mask, red with white cranes, and a lovely note. I can’t imagine risking wearing it, but it certainly made my day!

If it is cloth, it is washable and you can safely wear it, again and again. Alicia, one of my assistants made cloth masks for Resa and me. She also made one for Jamie, and I am guessing Jamie's husband.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, share a happy story.

I woke early, grabbed my camera and took a picture as the sun was about to come over the mountain of a neighbor's not real bronze, bronze lion. He graduated from Borah High School, which is visible from his backyard, and their mascot is the Lion.

I tried taking some pictures with the flag hanging from the flagpole behind the lion, but there was no wind so all the flagpole did was ruin the picture. So, I got up a lot closer and took a picture with the glow of the almost there sun on the face of the lion and photoshopped out the flagpole, which was really obnoxious from up close.

After I took the shot, I looked to my right and saw a fox trotting through the park, about sixty yards away. He took cover behind a tree and was watching me. When I reached into my backpack to pull out a longer lens, he took off, but seeing him just made me happy

Here is the lion with the flag pole no longer growing out of his head.

Lion.jpg

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more (75) good news amid the pandemic.

"snip...During times of fear and uncertainty, the very best elements of human nature can prevail, as is the case in these Coronavirus-related good news stories we've found from around the world, demonstrating the power of displaying care and kindness to those less fortunate or able than you in a crisis."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results