shape
carat
color
clarity

A crisis brings out the best in some people...please share a happy story here

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we all know crises can bring out the best and worst in people. I'd love it if we could share some heartwarming best in people stories.

peopleareonlyhuman.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will start.
So in our apartment building we are all looking out for one another. The younger shareholders are making sure the elderly shareholders are not alone in this and buying groceries for them so they don't have to brace the the crowded and potentially germy stores.

Please share an uplifting experience since CV came to town.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry if this seems sappy but it's the truth IMO. Kindness is the perfect antidote to fear and uncertainty and worry. #choosekindness #everysingletime

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food shopping on Thursday afternoon in the nearly empty TP aisle, there was a mom and her ~12 yo son. As her son picked up one of the last packages of TP his mom said, “No, we have enough. Leave that for other people.” I actually stopped and commended her and let her son know that his mom is doing right by others. #Bekind

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy This made me cry for some reason...I’m so silly...but I’m a sucker for for nice people...

Me too Joanne. But I cry easily. Lol. Laugh easily too. And I’d rather cry happy tears than sad tears any day so please keep the kind and heartwarming stories coming!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if this story really qualifies, but I was at Trader Joe's on Tuesday grinding two containers of coffee beans as usual, and at the very end of grinding them I realized I had it on the wrong setting. I asked the Trader Joe's employee if it was okay for me to run them through the machine again since I had ground them on too coarse a setting by mistake and she told me to just grab two new containers and grind them on the correct setting. She said Trader Joe's regularly donates to shelters, and they would just donate those two coffee containers to the shelter. I felt really good about Trader Joe's donating to shelters.

(edited because I hit enter by mistake)

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An acquaintance told me that the 20-somethings in her area offered to pick up supplies for any elderly folks who couldn’t go out, and they would deliver them to their doorsteps.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve also seen suggestions online for people to purchase gift cards for their favorite local restaurants. That way they have some money to help with immediate cash flow issues, and you can plan on having a nice meal out when the craziness dies down. Someone asked, rather cynically, What if the restaurant goes under anyway? In that case, think of it as a donation to a small business owner going through really tough times.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a local group of parents on a FB page which is handy for keeping up with stuff going on in the schools because otherwise you have no idea what is going on.

Anyways, some of the parents have offered childcare for parents who need to work and have nowhere for their kids to go since the schools here have closed.

I thought that was a nice gesture.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve also seen suggestions online for people to purchase gift cards for their favorite local restaurants. That way they have some money to help with immediate cash flow issues, and you can plan on having a nice meal out when the craziness dies down. Someone asked, rather cynically, What if the restaurant goes under anyway? In that case, think of it as a donation to a small business owner going through really tough times.

I like this idea a lot. The restaurants are going to see huge losses so this keeps them afloat and give folks something to look forward to, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I printed these today and put them in mailboxes. Probably no one will call but if they do, I will answer. Two per page, for a total of 24 slips, and I got all the houses in my street. Now I'm out of printer ink! If anybody wants a copy of the template, I can post it here and you can share.
fullsizeoutput_b.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling good myself as I have signed up to help a newly formed local charity to run errands etc. for those who are vulnerable and self-isolating at home.

I have also offered financial help to my friends in the hospitality sector who are affected by the loss of trade and income. None of them need anything, however they are grateful for the offer.

I am trying to stay upbeat and cheerful to the annoyance to some I am sure.

However, it beats being negative and full of doom and gloom.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The girl I work with told me about this FB group, people post stores that have supplies, happens to be for CT but this could be done in any state.

People helping people is a great thing.

IMG_7889.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Facebook a lady was desperately seeking where to buy at normal prices some hand sanitiser for her mum who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for Breast Cancer. Her mum lives in a regional area and there are no supplies and no deliveries available. The daughter has spent days literally going from suburb to suburb to find some antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser. Added to this the daughter is a travel agent and has now been laid off work for the who knows how long and the prices of resellers on eBay etc are ludicrous and beyond her financial capacity.
Now I have this attic. In this attic is stored many, many, many of things including a few bottles of sanitiser and antibacterial wipes.
So today I took my little care package off to the Post Office and included a new perfume and a “dangle” I made.
Random act of kindness headed to Goulburn NSW.
I’m not saying “look at me aren’t I great” 1A455FAF-AB94-4AAF-8398-D230DE17B435.jpeg what I am saying is keep your ears and eyes open and if an opportunity presents and you can offer goods, services, even a smile, please do it.
Now is the time for random acts of kindness.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not saying I’m great either, but I am having fun sending needed supplies and treats to my pet sitters back home via Amazon. I hope Amazon keeps delivering.

My SIL sent me a text assuring me that he was planning to meet me outside for walks. Just that simple gesture brought tears to my eyes and I didn’t feel so isolated. It’s a reminder to stay in touch with everyone, even if it’s a simple hello how are you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what I am saying is keep your ears and eyes open and if an opportunity presents and you can offer goods, services, even a smile, please do it.
Now is the time for random acts of kindness.

Amen to this. And yes @Bron357 you are a kind and generous individual and if more people were like you we would be in very good shape despite the virus. That's the thing. We cannot control what happens to a large degree re this virus but we can control how we behave towards others and we can choose to be helpful and kind and generous and not panic. Thank you @Bron357 for leading by example.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not saying I’m great either, but I am having fun sending needed supplies and treats to my pet sitters back home via Amazon. I hope Amazon keeps delivering.

My SIL sent me a text assuring me that he was planning to meet me outside for walks. Just that simple gesture brought tears to my eyes and I didn’t feel so isolated. It’s a reminder to stay in touch with everyone, even if it’s a simple hello how are you.

Well dear @Jimmianne this does not surprise me at all. And you are a great friend and individual and I am lucky to have you as my friend. And you are not alone. Greg and I are always here for you no matter what and despite the thousands of miles between us right now we are always here for you. And our home is always open to you too. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling good myself as I have signed up to help a newly formed local charity to run errands etc. for those who are vulnerable and self-isolating at home.

I have also offered financial help to my friends in the hospitality sector who are affected by the loss of trade and income. None of them need anything, however they are grateful for the offer.

I am trying to stay upbeat and cheerful to the annoyance to some I am sure.

However, it beats being negative and full of doom and gloom.

DK :))

Agreed! And thank you @dk168 for being an excellent human. MY kitties purr their love and appreciation too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results