shape
carat
color
clarity

A couple of preloved Amoras

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been in contact with a couple of Amora Gem sellers on Diamond Bistro/LT. They look very well priced, and yet are still looking for buyers.

A 300 dollar 7.5mm Soaring Hearts Eternity:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/248/Amora-GEM/listings/54287/Priced-to-sell-loose-Amora-Gem.html

A 1.96 ct equivalent Amora Ultra set in a DK tiffany-style setting:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-lab-created-center/1-dot-96-ct-amora-gem

I was very interested in buying either, but I recently made a couple of big purchases and with the OctaCZ I decided to hold off for now.

So my real question is whether the depreciation on Amora Gems is really this bad. Both of these are listed for a third of what their owners paid for them not that long ago.

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think now might be a difficult time to gauge what standard resell on used Amoras is going to be. There are so many new shapes coming down the pipeline that interest in the more common shapes isn’t there. There’s also the fact that the ‘ideal’ H&A round has gone through a few iterations, thereby making the older iterations worth less.

From simply a personal aspect, both of those listings are a fabulous deal and a year ago I would have jumped on them. However, I’m interested in the AVC, Krupps, and Asscher. Now that they’re all in production or close, I’m not inclined to spend money on an Amora that isn’t going to get much wear. My guess is that there are quite a few buyers like me who are holding out for their dream shapes and passing on some of the current good deals.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The latest and perfected cut is the Eternity. Those are the ones that you want to grab if they come up for a good price second hand. There may be some ladies who sell theirs to fund the fancies coming up.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Winks_Elf There was some talk on the other forum about possibly making a new Ultra-like Eternity cut to bring back more fire. Did that ever go anywhere?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results