shape
carat
color
clarity

A Couple of New Little Rings

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I just thought i would show you a couple of little rings i just received.

I bought this little diamond off a PSer on DB. It is a yellowish brown 0.32 or 0.35ct pear (sorry but i can't find the report at the moment) I got it bezel set in 18k yellow gold.It has fluorescence as well, but i don't seem to be able to get a photo of it :(. The OH has nicknamed the ring poopy! He reckons you see more brown than yellow. Do you think i was better to set it in claws than bezel? To try and show more yellow?

besty 2.jpg

betsy side.jpg

Betsyside 2.jpg

Betsy 3.jpg

melave

Shiny_Rock
This is my "international" ring :) The stone is a 1.5ct cat's eye alexandrite from Dana. The setting is 18k yellow gold lotus from Sally in Thailand. I got the setting made without the stone. I Do Not recommend doing that!!!! As you can see the setting doesn't fit the stone perfectly, but i can live with it for now. Maybe when i send some stones over to Sally for setting, i will get her to fix this up.

Thanks for looking :)

alex lotus.jpg

alex lotus 2.jpg

alex lotus 4.jpg

alex lotus 3.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I love your little yellowish brown ring!! I am thinking of doing something similar with my pink diamond pear and stacking with other FCDs in other shapes and colors. I think the bezel looks great!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Adore the yellow ring ! What color fluorescence? No, your setting is perfect - it just so works as it is. Who did the setting, can I ask?

Cat's eyes (and star sapphires) are so much fun.

Both are really lovely.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
All very pretty! I especially like the lotus ring.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love both your rings, but especially the cat's eye alex. It looks so great stacked with the other bands!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really like the look of the cats eye stacked with your other yellow gold rings. It looks like a totally new design.

melave

Shiny_Rock
HI all

Thanks for the all the nice comments :) I get nervous about posting on here as i know my jewellery isn't big and blingy :)

Pinkjewel, i am thinking the same now. I was looking at a slight brown marquise that i thought would look great in rose gold to stack with this. The alex and the yellow diamond don't look good together,

Jereni thank you:) i love the little alex collection i have. i have 2 small stones set and 2 unset. I was thinking of getting the unset ones turned into studs

Gem fever and Minous thank you for the nice comments. I think they look nice as well and hides the fact the stone doesn't fit the setting exactly.

SC - the setting was done by Ellebee Jewelry on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ellebeejewelry...... I got the diamond sent straight to her and she set it. I finally got to see it for the first time about 6 weeks after i bought it. The setting is not perfect, if i loupe it, there are many flaws. But hey, i am not perfect either so it suits me :)

It fluoreces a bright yellow! It is gorgeous! I just want to go sit in a nightclub and stare at it :) but i am a bit too old for that now, and there are no clubs near me

These are the best shots i could get. So sorry for the poor quality. I really do need to invest in a camera. The phone is just not cutting it any more.

IMAG2109.jpg

Betsy fluoro.jpg

betsy fluoro 2.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
so cool! These pics ain't bad ;))

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
as i know my jewellery isn't big and blingy

Um, I totally see "big and blingy" in those. To me that doesn't mean size - it means impact. Those 2 sure do have impact/presence !

What did you use for a UV light and what strength is it in nM's? I'm asking as I've got about 3 UV lights and still don't know which is best or the best capture it.

melave

Shiny_Rock
thanks Gemfever, yu are a sweetie for saying that :) I still can't capture the bright yellow that i can see, but it does show the fluorescence.

SC you are going to laugh :) this is the UV i used
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b23c/?srp=1 a cheapy pen :) It must have looked funny, i am standing there in the dark with the pen in my mouth and phone in hand trying to get a photo. lucky the OH is used to me trying to do things like this

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nice thing about bezels is that they deepen the colour of light coloured stones and also sometimes give the appearance of a larger stone. How much does the setting bother you? To remove stone from the bezel setting will also probably mean damage to the setting. If you plan to re-use the setting, it might take some reworking to make it look nice.

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chrono. Thanks for the reply :)

The setting doesn't bother me at all. Poopy has grown on me :) I guess i was curious if it would have looked more yellow if i had set it with prongs instead of bezel. Or maybe should have done it in white gold for more yellow?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Cool UV pen ! How handy ! I'm going to get one and probably 1 or 2 more for little gifts for the geeky people I know. Some people have really good luck with inexpensive UV lights !

You know, I love fluorescence so much, but it seems fluorescent stones just don't come my way. :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results