shape
carat
color
clarity

A couple GOG AVC's to choose from here... Thoughts on these?

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
This video was shot by GOG to show a few of the AVC's for me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondInfoMan?feature=mhee#p/u/0/XBD9FKQc2T0

I actually think they all look pretty darn good. The one to the right of the cushette is a 1.07ct J I1. Normally I'd pass on an I1-3 but Jonathans comments indicate that this is very hard to see due to the nature of the inclusion and he was only able to barely see it in spot lighting where the diamond would actually be flashing alot of fire and make it difficult to see anyway. If you watch the video and look at the images for this stone, please share your comments, thanks!

Here are the AVC's in the video as they appear:

0.89 J VS2 http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8052/
0.93 M SI1 http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7851/
1.07 J I1 http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8540/
1.10 M SI1 http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7743/

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: A couple GOG AVC's to choose from here... Thoughts on th

I do not care for the I1 stone, the inclusion location mostly. But in part, that's the mind clean thing, I couldn't deal with it. I think I like the M's the most. Will you be ok with an M color?

And I love the cushette lol

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

smokey99|1316189935|3018870 said:

GOG's site says the 1.07 J I1 has been purchased, maybe it's on hold for you? If the M color won't bother you, I'd go with the 1.10 M SI1 since I can see that's it's ever so slightly larger face up.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I agree with Rubybeth!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock

I would probably go with one of the M's too if you are ok with warmer colors. I just purchased an L AVC and it is just beautiful to my eyes- like vanilla and lace.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

How do you plan to set the stone? If you want a halo then I am not sure personally I would opt for the larger M, though it is lovely, unless you are sure your GF will like the contrast. I had the pleasure of babysitting a larger M color AVC for a while and it looks really cool, but it *really* contrasts with smaller whiter stones.

If you want a solitaire or like the contrast and antique look the 1.10 is great value.

I was looking at your other thread and it seems you like vintage mounts. GOG carries this line and they have many gorgeous and in my opinion affordable vintage reproductions, like this:

http://platinumplusdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=228

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

And three of them are on hold now. I hope you held your favourites! Its a good idea before posting on PS, lurkers will steal them from you.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

Dreamer_D|1316204551|3019048 said:
And three of them are on hold now. I hope you held your favourites! Its a good idea before posting on PS, lurkers will steal them from you.

I didnt realize people around here were so sh**y.... Lesson learned I suppose.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is LAME. I hate people.

ETA: make sure the GOG rep you were working with didn't put them on hold for you first.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

ame|1316206279|3019057 said:
That is LAME. I hate people.

ETA: make sure the GOG rep you were working with didn't put them on hold for you first.

I sent them an email response to see. Its not the end of the world, but it is disappointing...I mean, 3 of the 4 cushions I posted have been placed on hold or sold? Yikes...

I'll see what they say at GOG. Thanks regardless for your comments everyone, I do greatly appreciate it.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

rubybeth|1316198231|3018970 said:
smokey99|1316189935|3018870 said:

GOG's site says the 1.07 J I1 has been purchased, maybe it's on hold for you? If the M color won't bother you, I'd go with the 1.10 M SI1 since I can see that's it's ever so slightly larger face up.

This one actually would be by next choice as I think it has the most life based on the video. The M color doesnt frighten me. Seeing them face up in that video, they just have a slightly warmer look.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

My bf was the one who purchased the 1.07 j I1. He's been in contact with Sarah and Matt for the past 2 weeks debating about that particular stone because of the inclusion in the middle which Matt said was not noticeable unless you were closely examining it. He was told that it would be best to either purchase or reserve it since it was still up for public sale, and that was what made up his mind.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

People who bought them might not have seen you post smokey :)) I have noticed AVCs sell fast in these colors. They might appear again so tell GOG you are interested and maybe the 1.10 M will come available.

Also, there are a number of warm stones at AGS right now I was told a few weeks ago. Maybe one will fit your specs!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Resonance.Of.Life|1316210308|3019115 said:
My bf was the one who purchased the 1.07 j I1. He's been in contact with Sarah and Matt for the past 2 weeks debating about that particular stone because of the inclusion in the middle which Matt said was not noticeable unless you were closely examining it. He was told that it would be best to either purchase or reserve it since it was still up for public sale, and that was what made up his mind.

oooh fun! In the video did you notice in the color grading portion thr J I1 has a slight browny/purple tint as opposed to yellow? I thought it looked cool, though it could just be my monitor.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D said:

oooh fun! In the video did you notice in the color grading portion thr J I1 has a slight browny/purple tint as opposed to yellow? I thought it looked cool, though it could just be my monitor.

I didn't see the brown, but I saw the purple. We'll see once it comes in :) My bf was assured the inclusions were transparent and thus got the I1 but it's really hard to find it unless you're looking for it. And one is a prongable inclusion.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Resonance.Of.Life|1316212395|3019134 said:
Dreamer_D said:

I didn't see the brown, but I saw the purple. We'll see once it comes in :) My bf was assured the inclusions were transparent and thus got the I1 but it's really hard to find it unless you're looking for it. And one is a prongable inclusion.

purple, yes, like wine almost! Can't wait to see what you think!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock

Smokey99 - Dreamer is right - those AVC's move fast. If you see one come up that you are leaning towards it is best to reserved it right away. I watched the AVC I was watching disappear just as I was getting ready to put it on hold. I called GOG and told Sarah to let me know if it comes available. The people looking at it ended up buying another stone from GOG and it was released back into inventory. Sarah told me right away (and I was also watching the website - knowing they only hold for 3 days) - this time I snapped it up right away. Good luck.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

Congrats, it looks like its a great find :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

What are you looking at now Smokey? One thing to think about is the setting. In some styles, an extra half m in diameter does not matter as much - halos for example - and so you can easily go smaller to stay in budget and still get a killer ring. Or you can wait and see what new AVCs come up, or look at other options too.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

They sell like hotcakes! More, and smaller, and bigger cutlets, please! Oh, and the band rings are nice. Congrats! :appl:

Good luck, Smokey. My only humble advice is I like the ones with large culets, rectangular culets, following a rectangular stone. :love: I like the warm colors. :love:

I'm sorry about the frustrating posting experience! The internet can be frustrating sometimes!

If this is something you're interested in, I'd definitely pursue it. I don't think you can go wrong.

Cheers. :))

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I actually liked the I1 best out of the bunch so I am glad it went to a PSer. Very good value and I am usually picky about mind clean.

Unlike Ame, I am really not loving the cushette. The more I see them ... the more I dislike them.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo|1316339818|3020022 said:
I actually liked the I1 best out of the bunch so I am glad it went to a PSer. Very good value and I am usually picky about mind clean.

Unlike Ame, I am really not loving the cushette. The more I see them ... the more I dislike them.

Ame loves the cushette Charmy :cheeky:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

That's why I said "unlike" her ...

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

Dreamer_D|1316312468|3019842 said:
What are you looking at now Smokey? One thing to think about is the setting. In some styles, an extra half m in diameter does not matter as much - halos for example - and so you can easily go smaller to stay in budget and still get a killer ring. Or you can wait and see what new AVCs come up, or look at other options too.

Thanks Dreamer.
I know she doesnt like the halo design so Im steering clear of them. I prefer a more vintage looking setting, dainty and delicate with some side stones or pave, and maybe a *little* milgrain. But I also really like the Vatche settings too

Vatche1005Corsica3.jpg

Vatche1005Corsica.jpg

Vatche1003FifthAvenue3.jpg

Vatche1005Corsica2.jpg

An example of a home run for a vintage setting style (based on what Im looking for) would be something like this:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/SOLD-ITEMS-1/143ct-Old-European-Cut-Diamond/11839065_LP2zGr#836961330_qtJYY

or this:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/SOLD-ITEMS-1/Antique-Fishtail-Mounting/15987251_jzBPGv#1199232082_qrQxq

I love the fishtail style prongs which give the stone a more squared look which is what Im going for. I dont want the sharp edges of a princess cut (nor the splintered facet look), but instead a chunky look like a vintage cushion or even an OEC. They just seem to have so much more life and personality. Thats one reason I really love the AVC cut from GOG.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock

Imdanny|1316324969|3019922 said:
They sell like hotcakes! More, and smaller, and bigger cutlets, please! Oh, and the band rings are nice. Congrats! :appl:

Good luck, Smokey. My only humble advice is I like the ones with large culets, rectangular culets, following a rectangular stone. :love: I like the warm colors. :love:

I'm sorry about the frustrating posting experience! The internet can be frustrating sometimes!

If this is something you're interested in, I'd definitely pursue it. I don't think you can go wrong.

Cheers. :))

Thanks Danny for the encouragement. Im going to keep plugging away until I find what I want ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results