shape
carat
color
clarity

A Christmas OEC upgrade

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As some of you know I sold my first 5.85mm, .80ct H/VS OEC to my mom's (now) fiance so they could get engaged. Well, I took the proceeds and found another OEC deal on ebay ;))

This one is 6.2mm but that is all I am sure of at the moment 8) The appraisal documents that the seller gave me say it is 1.03ct, I color, VS clarity. I think these grades are all possible, but won't be sure until I pop it from its frankly ugly setting and weigh it/see it loose.

It is a lovely little guy, looks basically identical to my first OEC, maybe a touch more tinted, and a little bigger . The setting has monster nasty prongs that swallow the stone making it look smaller than it is.

Anyways, pictures.

The black tint you see in the photos is I believe reflection from the inside of the nasty dirty mount 8) Another reason I want to see it loose.

drea2OEC8.jpg

drea2OEC7.jpg

drea2OEC6.jpg

drea2OEC5.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
8)

drea2OEC3.jpg

drea2OEC2.JPG

drea2OEC1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some comparison shots with my first OEC purchase, now belonging to my mom.

drea2OEC9.jpg

drea2OEC10.jpg

drea2OEC11.jpg

drea2OEC12.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone - regardless of the setting and 'gunk' at the moment! What are you thinking of doing with the stone -re mounting it in this setting or do you have another plan for this OEC?

You are very lucky on the ebay stores! :appl:

Enjoy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some more.

drea2OEC13.jpg

drea2OEC14.jpg

drea2OEC15.jpg

drea2OEC16.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
:halo:

drea2OEC17.jpg

drea2OEC18.jpg

drea2OEC19.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, Dreamer. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer that is a gorgeous diamond...you have some great eBay skills! can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1324841897|3088416 said:
Some comparison shots with my first OEC purchase, now belonging to my mom.

How fun to compare the two! Looks like the perfect rings for mother and daughter!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look so similar! Both beautiful! :love: You are good at picking OEC's!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous OEC! You have a great eye for this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and your mom are diamond twins - how cool! Looks like another great stone. What are your thoughts in comparing the two stones in real life?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!! I am jealous :)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so good at finding these stones! It's gorgeous and I really do like the setting, minus the prongs (at least you know the stone's not going anywhere!)!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! they are both lovely...two great finds!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egads, woman! How do you find these amazing stones on eBay?! Seriously, you are a legend!! :bigsmile:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
You have the best find ever~ Great stone really :naughty:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats DD! I think you're going to *grow* this stone in no time!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone DD! Merry Christmas to you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! This diamond is really lovely and I look forward to unsetting it and weighing it. Will likely do so tomorrow, actually, since it is still within my return period 8) It was sold as a 1.03ct but I am doubtful.

MissGotRocks|1324863419|3088531 said:
You and your mom are diamond twins - how cool! Looks like another great stone. What are your thoughts in comparing the two stones in real life?

They look very similar in terms of optics. Both very bright with lots of nice scintillation. I think the new one might perform a little better accross many lighiting environments. My mom's OEC had a tendence to go a little dark in the part of the stone near my body when worn in some lighting. This new one does not do that. My mom's OEC is less tinted, but it is hard to judge. You see the black in the new stone reflecting? The profile shot shows it best, the body looks black inside. I think that is reflection from the mounting. I will know better when it is unset. But these old cuts have a lot more leakage than new cuts, so they reflect their mountings more than new cuts it seems, and so the color of the mount and its style matters more I think than with modern RBs. The prongs also cover about 20% of the stones surface area :nono: making the new one seem smaller than my mom's, which is also boosted by the halo. I think in the photos the new one does look larger -- it is about .35mm bigger -- but in real life with its outer edge covered by prongs and thus not sparkling, it looks much smaller.

I will post more when I have it unmounted! Fingers crossed there are not chips hiding under the prongs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely have fingers crossed, but thankfully you have a return period regardless!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely stone, Dreamer. I am so glad you found it. I hope it turns out perfectly and you love it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sort of need to make up my mind 100% about keeping it before I pop it from the mount. I think it would be hard to reset it to look just the same, and then I am not sure I could get a refund if it looked different. Even though the prongs would likely be improved ;-)

I had not actually planned to sell my OEC that my mom has now, so this is a good replacement. And bigger and better cut to boot :devil:

I would really like a three stone for this one with colored gem sides. We'll see I guess!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1324930707|3088796 said:
Definitely have fingers crossed, but thankfully you have a return period regardless!

I wonder if I could return it if I pop it and find chips? Or it is under 1ct? I don't know how ebay works around this type of thing. But I will cross that bridge if I have to.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a no-questions-asked return period or only if item was misrepresented?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it would depend on the seller and how they would feel about the stone being unmounted and then remounted. I guess the biggest concern in doing that would be swapping the stone for something else but in the case of a stone like this, that would be a very unlikely happenstance.

It does look to be a very lively stone though - it might just be a keeper!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I can no longer keep track of what you are doing, but that's another winner! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1324953514|3088977 said:
Dreamer, I can no longer keep track of what you are doing, but that's another winner! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

TGal it is not that complex, I just sold my solitaire, sold my original wb, sold my studs, bought my Aurora, bought my first OEC, sold my first OEC, sold my semi-bezel, almost sold my Aurora and dream band but changed my mind, and bought my second OEC. AND made some money in the process, had some fun, and paid of a bunch of debt. Keep up would ya! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results