shape
carat
color
clarity

A Chance, A Plea for Help

collier

Shiny_Rock
I know the chances are beyond slim. More than likely, I will never see my earrings again. However, if there is a chance I am willing to try anything. If there is a group of super hunters and passionate jewelry lovers who appreciate these pieces, the value and artistry of individual antique jewelry and the meaning they have, who could recognize my piece, this is the place. I need help.

Perhaps you can help me.

Maybe you will remember the description of the earrings.
Maybe the picture will sink into your mind.
Maybe you will tag friends on this post so they see it too.
Maybe some of them will remember.
Maybe you follow estate sales and jewelry sites, insta posters
Maybe somewhere down the line, maybe just maybe someone will see my earrings.

We were robbed, I will post all the details in a separate post. I want this post to focus on the one piece that hurts the most and the insanely slim chance that they may be recovered one day.

I was lucky enough to have a pair of antique 18k French fully hallmarked turquoise ear pendants. Each earring had a cabochon oval turquoise surrounded by 18k carved foliate motifs that enhanced the NESW of the oval, creating an undulating natural floral border around the turquoise. The pendants were suspended by a pair of chains surmounted by a small floral cluster. There were screw back earrings, with the French eagle just visible (for me only under magnification). One turquoise was more blue, the other more green.

They had been in the family for over 100 years, passed down generation to generation. I received them from my aunt's estate and I loved them.

I feel like I have let down both the previous and next generations. Thank you for your time, your help, and the hope you represent.

7080770E-F7F0-4D09-BF2D-175A56C9F927.jpeg

collier

Shiny_Rock

collier

Shiny_Rock
Cropped the pic so that the earring is more visible. Sending best wishes and luck to recover the earrings. Pls don’t blame yourself.

Thank you! You did a great job.

collier

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear what happened. I just did a quick search, and although they are not identical to your earrings, they are similar. They are a "Buy it Now", so if you are interested, you will be able to purchase and not bid on the earrings. The price is very good - $425.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323858733096

Turquoiseearrings.jpg

Wow, those are really similar in design. Thank you for looking.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admin a vintage jewelry group a lot of people post photos to identify items - I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for these. Also google and eBay can search items with photos. Idk if someone already suggested this but I would get pictures you have of these items and search them just to see if anything returns.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
These are beautiful earrings. I read about the robbery in your other thread and am so sorry that you went through such a horrific experience. I do spend a lot of time browsing the internet for antique items, and will definitely keep an eye out for these.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I admin a vintage jewelry group a lot of people post photos to identify items - I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for these. Also google and eBay can search items with photos. Idk if someone already suggested this but I would get pictures you have of these items and search them just to see if anything returns.

That is a great idea! Thank you so much

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll keep an eye out too. I’m wondering if possibly offering a reward for their return might get them back to you. They were most likely pawned for quick money so someone might spot them and be inclined to get them back to you.

Of course you might not be comfortable with that idea and I would totally understand but thought I’d throw it out there.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely devastating story! Glad you and the loved ones are safe. I would check on someone who did some kind of work for your parents before your arrival. Some cleaning, small repair...Maybe one of your parents had mentioned that they expected you and your family to visit them soon. I don't believe that a random person or group of persons could commit such a crime in this secluded location. I would hire a private detective since the police is underfunded, busy and maybe incompetent or unmotivated. They are just people...(I love and support the police!) I would also check on everyone who did some sort of work for close neighbors too. I would want to recover the stolen jewelry and severely punish those who did you harm.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh no Collier! I am so very sorry to hear about this. Thank goodness your family wasn't physically harmed by these bastards.

I will keep a watch out for the items in your picture, especially those beautiful earrings. I know that you now have an army of Pricescope eyeballs scanning all the pre-loved sites, pawn stores, auction houses, etc for your jewelry.

We are all with you in spirit, sending healing hugs.

Sparklemore

Shiny_Rock
This is awful!! I will absolutely keep an eye out for these on the market.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results