shape
carat
color
clarity

A cat by an other name...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
God, I don't know how you do it, Gypsy, but I've been DYING to get another cat, but my husband has managed to resist for sooooo long. Please share your kitty addition secrets so that we might become a 3 cat household?!?!? :bigsmile:

As for your new little guy. . .

Truman
George
Wainwright
Blizzard

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merlin is the winner. He's already got two nicknames: Magic Kitty and Magic Heart.

Harry was our first choice, but given Hally's multiple personalities and penchant for trouble she's really the only cat we call by name. At least once a day there is an exasperated "Hally!" thrown out. And we didn't want the new kitty be confused as Harry and Hally are very close.

So Merlin is here. He's been here less than an hour. Curious, social and adorable. He's been sneezing a little (comment on my housekeeping skills?) so we are likely going to keep him segregated for a full two weeks to make sure anything that flares up (new homes are stressful and will usually trigger any latent issues) is addressed.

I will have new pics soon. But so far he hasn't stood still at ALL. He's in our bedroom for the night and investigating everything.

I was wrong about his age. He's only 7 months. I really didn't mean to take a kitten, and feel slightly guilty. But he's already been returned once and needed the right home, and we have everything his foster mom wanted.

As an FYI, his foster mom was the BOMB man. We did the switch off at the vets office and she was on top of it all. Brought me a full bag of his current food and some wet food. Snacks. His favorite toy. Full vet records and sat with us (the vet was late) throughout it all letting Merlin get to know us at his own pace in the vet room. She was upset and happy and at the end. And we promised her pics as soon as possible.

His donation fee was only 50 bucks which I feel is low for the quality of care he was given so we are thinking about donating some funds to them for Christmas if we can.

That's my report for now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results