shape
carat
color
clarity

A big thank you for the help with my aquamarine

peonygirl78

Rough_Rock
A month or so ago I found this site when I was searching to find an aquamarine stone and have a ring made to replace my engagement ring that I had lost. This site not only gave me great advice but a post from another user helped me find the jeweler that would do the custom setting.

Here are pictures of the stone by itself and then pictures of my ring finished. I love it and will probably use this jeweler for any of my jewelry needs from now on. The custom jewelry (from stone to finish) is the only way to get jewelery - who knew.

Anyway, a big thank you to those who helped a clueless, first-timer with all the ins and outs.

finished 3 (2).jpg

finished 3 (1).jpg

finished 2.jpg

finished 1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a stunning setting, and a really pretty aqua (nicely cut too). I love the yellow gold with the blue-green of the aqua. Enjoy!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
So are you going to share the vendors name? Where did you get the stone and who was the jeweler.

Very pretty ring!

peonygirl78

Rough_Rock
Oh I apologize - I didn't know if I could share their name - (I didn't want to break any board rules)

The aquamarine is from Gemfix - and they are wonderful - the stone is beautiful

Hunt Country Jewelers in Hillsboro, VA did the setting work - they are wonderful. My husband and I drove up and talked with the owners (Ed and Claire) and spoke with Ed who did the work about what I wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better experience - the turn around time was fast, they returned all my emails, answered any questions - they were basically wonderful - and I think that the ring speaks for itself - I think they do BEAUTIFUL work!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Do you have any handshots?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It is so lovely! They are the nicest folks and so talented! I really treasure the two rings they made me, they're crafted like heirlooms and I know yours will become one too!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!

I have some antique pieces of aquamarine in yellow gold, and I think the combination is stunning.

They did a great job, it's a beautiful ring!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's really lovely. LOVE the cut on the aqua. The setting shows it off beautifully & is different from average ones too. Congratulations!

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
I am a fool for Aqua and I love your stone, and the setting!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
Just Lovely!!!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, the stone is a beautiful, but that setting is incredible! You really have a beauty on your hands (hand) now! :love:
Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The aqua and the setting are both beautiful; the colour and cutting on the aqua stands out while the yellow gold and metal details of the setting play up the colour well. Congrats on the new e-ring!

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
nice looking stone & good material for a ring-steve...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PG: Congratulations! That stone is stunning and cut beautifully, and the ring is breathtaking in its design and execution. I am so impressed that you had a clear idea of what you wanted, found the right stone, found the right jeweler and made it a reality. I think that is near impossible to do. Good for you :appl:

peonygirl78

Rough_Rock
Sorry this has taken me so long :)

DSC_0095 (2).jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, it is amazing! First, I am really fascinated by your aquamarine. They were never my stones, because the color of modern aquamarines did not match the original concept of blue-green, as the name implies. But your stone has this perfect measure of green to make the stone look really interesting! And the cut!

Also, the jeweler did a great job! I never heard of him but the workmanship is great. Unusual and unique. This ring looks rich, and I wish you to wear it in good health.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, the color looks so rich and intense on your hand. It's a really nice stone set beautifully!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Looks like you have a trippple A winner.
Thank you for coming back to tell us; it is sooooooo nice to hear of happy experiences

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very lovely - many congratulations and thank you for sharing your lovely Aqua with us.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting, the complement each other perfectly.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WoW... I love the setting for that stone and the yellow gold brings it such richness.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, great work. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results