shape
carat
color
clarity

A basic basic question - sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lurky

Rough_Rock
I haven''t been able to find an answer to my question in a search - i''m not sure i know all the right words. i''m still learning, but i''m thrilled to have found this site.

here''s my question: a lot of people say they have really high quality stones, but i''ve noticed some people''s rings sparkle rainbow, and others sparkle white. which is better? they''re both round stones, and i don''t know what makes the difference?

thanks in advance for enlightening me!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Neither is better; it''s a matter of personal preference. Most people like a good combination of both.

lurky

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response - I''ve been wondering about that for a while. But I should clarify my question - what makes some stones sparkle white and others sparkle rainbow? Is it the color of the stone, it''s flourescence (sp?), or what? I don''t think it''s the cut because both were round . . .

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Usually a smaller table on a diamond will yield more fire.(rainbow colors) A larger table will yield more brilliance. (white light) Which one is better? Which one do you like better? (second question answers the first) I happen to prefer a happy medium. (stone yields a mixture of both depending on the light source) Hope this helps you.

Shay

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Try searching for the word ''Scintillation''. There''s been quite a lot of discussion on this issue.
1.gif

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think the tutorial generally, and this section broadly, get at this, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results