shape
carat
color
clarity

A 1940's Three Row Diamond Band

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing a little something I found at the pawn shop yesterday. I've been having problems with swelling in my hands and sadly none of my rings fit (not even one I had made 3 months ago) so while I'm waiting to find out what the issue is I was really sad there were no sparkles to look at. Enter this girl, she is a lovely 14k white gold diamond band from the 1940's she has lots of sparkle, when I louped these diamonds in the store they were extremely clean. Now like any vintage ring she does have some personality, more specifically she has an ugly step-sister OEC replacement diamond in there. I say that because this stone has a distinct tint under magnification, in person it's not noticeable, there is also one diamond with a little chip to it that I'll probably have matched and replaced down the line. There is a pretty floral cutout on the shoulders too.

The place I got this from was great, ran it though the ultrasonic twice and let me take it outside to get away from the store lights (actually I was allowed to do this with any ring he had). She is a nice 5 grams and 1/2" wide and has great presence and coverage. If you have gotten this far you deserve some pics and thanks for reading!

IMG_7966.JPG
IMG_7970.JPG
IMG_7968.JPG IMG_7947.JPG IMG_7949.JPG IMG_7951.JPG IMG_7940.JPG IMG_7939.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7957.JPG
    IMG_7957.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 15

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh that's lovely what a great fine! She's giving you great ginger coverage as well :love:.
Hope you figure out the problem with your fingers soon that doesn't sound like much fun

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7964.JPG

I forgot to attach the side shot!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful find! I love the little air gap between each row of diamonds!!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful - great find. You tend to find the “diamonds in the rough.” Looks great on your hand. Sending good thoughts your way - hoping the swelling is something simple.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SO lovely! What a nice find and it looks beautiful on you! The prongs at top and bottom are almost like little hearts, and I love the floral sides!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! I love this!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY nice find!! :D
I hope you figure out the swelling issue soon.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very white and sparkly. I love the setting/prongs on the outter rows - so cool!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love vintage diamond rings in white gold and platinum. I bet she sparkles like mad. :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all your sweet posts. She is very sparkly all the time, even in low lighting. Even the ugly step-sister stone can't put a dent in the sparkle department on this one!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great find, love the coverage a band ring gives.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Stephani! Her stones look bright and sparkly...hope you resolve your swelling issue soon!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has some serious hand presence! I absolutely love the style - it's very typical of the era :love:

Hope you can get to the bottom of your finger swelling issue. Must be uncomfy. But yay for bigger sized bling!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! It looks like a sparkle bomb!!!!! Enjoy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, I thought for sure you would've chosen the three stone!
But if the band was wonky, then you made the right choice! I like it too.
This is beautiful! I'm glad you found something you are in love with!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing a little something I found at the pawn shop yesterday. I've been having problems with swelling in my hands and sadly none of my rings fit (not even one I had made 3 months ago) so while I'm waiting to find out what the issue is I was really sad there were no sparkles to look at. Enter this girl, she is a lovely 14k white gold diamond band from the 1940's she has lots of sparkle, when I louped these diamonds in the store they were extremely clean. Now like any vintage ring she does have some personality, more specifically she has an ugly step-sister OEC replacement diamond in there. I say that because this stone has a distinct tint under magnification, in person it's not noticeable, there is also one diamond with a little chip to it that I'll probably have matched and replaced down the line. There is a pretty floral cutout on the shoulders too.

The place I got this from was great, ran it though the ultrasonic twice and let me take it outside to get away from the store lights (actually I was allowed to do this with any ring he had). She is a nice 5 grams and 1/2" wide and has great presence and coverage. If you have gotten this far you deserve some pics and thanks for reading!

IMG_7966.JPG
IMG_7970.JPG
IMG_7968.JPG IMG_7947.JPG IMG_7949.JPG IMG_7951.JPG IMG_7940.JPG IMG_7939.JPG

Lovely! Enjoy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, I'm looking at these photos again, and you made a great choice. I'm jealous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @stracci2000, I almost passed this one up because she was so dirty there was no sparkle but a couple times through the ultrasonic and instant rainbows!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
What a BLESSED find @StephanieLynn!!:kiss2: That is so beautiful, Congratulations on that heirloom piece!;)2

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely ring and glad to see some more details from the other post!

I'm sorry about the swelling! Hoping that it's just summer heat and it's resolved soon!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this Stephanie! Nice find.:love:
Rainbowlicious.
And hope your finger swelling disappears very soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results