shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash Butterflies setting - thoughts?

sunshineandlemons

Shiny_Rock
I currently have a solitaire and am considering this 3 stone setting by Whiteflash - anyone have it and if so, do you still love it? Any cons? Thank you!

Sponsored By:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am writing to comment on WF, I have the WF Trellis setting and just love it. They did a great job & for me would translate into the same for the Butterfly setting. Good luck, you are in capable hands!

As for my rationale, the Butterfly & Trellis where my 2 top choices. I landed on the Trellis, as I like 'simple' aesthetics. Second, the Butterfly obscured the side view of the center IMHO. Last, I didn't want 6 prongs.

However, neither choice is a 'wrong' choice, just have to go with what your eye is drawn to!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally love the butterfly. Don't have one but have long admired them on PS.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sunshineandlemons

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for that link Yssie - I have searched past threads but had not seen that one - much appreciated! My center stone is 2ct on a size 5 so I think what you are saying is stick with the smaller side stones - correct?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I've got one! .41-2.26-.41 on a size 6. (avatar) I had a solitaire from WF that I also loved and sometimes miss, but almost two years later I still love this ring. I actually fell in love with it years ago when @yssie had it made and owe her thanks for the design.;))

Pros: gorgeous, elegant, tons of presence, comfortable to wear
This last thing is important because I have RA and as I get older there are some pieces I can't wear with my joints.:/ I don't even feel this ring sometimes. (in a good way!)
Cons: sometimes I think *maybe* my stone looked larger as a solitaire, wish I had asked them to polish inside a bit more
Requests: medium setting height, claw prongs, platinum 950 alloy with ruthenium*

* I am SO glad I did this. I have a 2mm Tiffany classic wedding band that literally looks like a perfectly matched set with this ring and it's the same alloy. Both have been very resistant to scratching for me, with maybe a slight edge to the Tiffany.

In my mind, Whiteflash customer service is leagues above and Bryan, Vera, Liza, and the gang always make me feel like I am an important customer even with the smallest of purchases. I say this because the whole process was not without bumps with my original solitaire and they all went above and beyond to make me happy. This was a huge purchase for us and I cannot say how much peace of mind that gave us.

I'm attaching a few photos-sorry if you've already seen these!

Good luck!
SK

IMG_8313.JPG IMG_7584.jpg IMG_7691.jpg IMG_7752.jpg

sunshineandlemons

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much - this helps a lot! Yes, could not agree more about whiteflash - that is where I purchased my solitaire and Liza is the best - customer service is always above and beyond. the proportions on your ring are perfect!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much - this helps a lot! Yes, could not agree more about whiteflash - that is where I purchased my solitaire and Liza is the best - customer service is always above and beyond. the proportions on your ring are perfect!!

More than welcome and thank you for the compliment.:) Please come back and post photos if you decide to go for it! I am always surprised there are not more people on PS with this setting.

ETA: LOVE Liza. She really is the greatest. I'm so picky and she has the patience of a saint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results