shape
carat
color
clarity

How to choos ideal side stone size?

uphone

Rough_Rock
I am about to begin the custom ring design process (my first time).

This is the ring that I'm trying to model off of:

What size tapered baguettes would look best with a 1.62 carat triple ex H round diamond? What size would make it look the classiest or make the diamond look bigger?

I understand that this might be subjective, so opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Well... depends.....the diameter of the stone, your ring size, high or low setting. As far as ring size.. I wear a 6. However, the top of my finger is very narrow - with most of the "meat" of my finger below.

uphone

Rough_Rock
Well... depends.....the diameter of the stone, your ring size, high or low setting. As far as ring size.. I wear a 6. However, the top of my finger is very narrow - with most of the "meat" of my finger below.

Sorry I forgot to include those details.
  • Dimensions of center stone: 7.56x7.49x4.63
  • Ring size: 4.5
  • Setting, not sure. Is the one in the picture considered high or low?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Size is a mm thing.
Not a carat weight thing.
Short fat tapers with a small finger may look better - especially if you want them more face up than in the pics you provided.
And the height of the center stone - very high as pictured.
need a lot more data

uphone

Rough_Rock
Size is a mm thing.
Not a carat weight thing.
Short fat tapers with a small finger may look better - especially if you want them more face up than in the pics you provided.
And the height of the center stone - very high as pictured.
need a lot more data

Thanks! What additional data should I provide?
  • Round Brilliant Triple Ex GIA
  • Dimensions of center stone: 7.56x7.49x4.63
  • Ring size: 4.5

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually, you show the pictures to the person who is doing your custom design and they tell you what you need. They usually source the stones
for you too.

Is this a CAD design or hand forged? If it is CAD design, they can show you what it will look like with different size baguettes.

uphone

Rough_Rock
Usually, you show the pictures to the person who is doing your custom design and they tell you what you need. They usually source the stones
for you too.

Is this a CAD design or hand forged? If it is CAD design, they can show you what it will look like with different size baguettes.

Yup, will be CAD. I just don't know personally what size looks best. They all more-or-less look the same to me. I'm designing this for my GF (without her knowing), so trying to get some opinions from the forums to help guide me. All I know is that it should look classy (which I don't personally know what that exactly that means, so looking for opinions here) and it should make the center diamond look big.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am about to begin the custom ring design process (my first time).

This is the ring that I'm trying to model off of:

What size tapered baguettes would look best with a 1.62 carat triple ex H round diamond? What size would make it look the classiest or make the diamond look bigger?

I understand that this might be subjective, so opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The easiest solution is to ask the jewelry professional you're working with! (or you could just ask to see the cad done with 2.5 x 2 x 6mm for an elegant cathedral look ;-) )

uphone

Rough_Rock
The easiest solution is to ask the jewelry professional you're working with! (or you could just ask to see the cad done with 2.5 x 2 x 6mm for an elegant cathedral look ;-) )

Thank you! I will make sure to have them model this out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results