shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Earth Sapphire

IdaliaRosa

Rough_Rock
35AE4B38-F213-41FA-8321-B5AE6D41A172.jpeg image.jpg I have had my engagement ring for 6 years. It is from brilliant earth (BE) I love it for sentimental reasons but I have always been insecure about the quality of the sapphire for several reasons, it was a lot lighter than I had anticipated (it looks darker in the pics, in certain light it looks baby blue but I prefer it to dark blackish ones & it does have amazing sparkle) most people ask me if it’s a tanzanite. I think it has a window. Another reason I’m insecure about it has to with when we ordered black pearls earrings months after my engagement ring from BE and they sent me ones with dimples I had to send the earring back. Ever since then I am suspicious of BE and never ordered from them again. So here it is, is it a decent stone? I think he paid between 1500 to 2000 CND for the sapphire. I think it’s 1.5 to 2.0 carat, I’m scared he over paid. I want to add it’s a Ceylon, and heat treated. We never got an independent certificate.

Last edited:

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Without a report, even if it is not an AGL prestige $1000 report, you could have anything from $1 synthetic to what you think it is. There is no telling, which does not mean I think your seller would knowingly cheat, but there is sooo much garbage out there, it is scary. I'd rather want a $50 report from a small lab than doubt forever what I have on my hands.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I have no experience with BE ordering from them but know when I was looking for a sapphire it was recommended I look on their site from several PSers, so I do think they are a trustworthy source. I happen to love the "fancy colored" sapphires, although I understand they are not trade ideal color. If trade ideal color is what you want, it will be quite more $ for a nice sized stone like the one you have. Think twice to three times. I know this because just this month was I searching for a sapphire. Although it wasn't the cornflower blue I was searching for, I did see lots that were more "trade ideal". (I am unfamiliar with what the prices were 6 years ago, so no comment there.)

All that said, I think yours is very beautiful. I also own a fancy colored sapphire that no one irl thinks is a sapphire at first look (my avatar pic). I love seeing their faces when I tell them. But if it bothers you, I can understand I guess (especially if they are assuming it is a much less valuable stone).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't know what to say. In this case, it's probably best to let it go. BE seems to be a decent company, although terribly overpriced.

IdaliaRosa

Rough_Rock
I really don't know what to say. In this case, it's probably best to let it go. BE seems to be a decent company, although terribly overpriced.

You are right about letting it go, it is still a very pretty stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results