shape
carat
color
clarity

99.2% of recent US Covid deaths were unvaccinated people

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My grandkids aren't at vaccination age yet.

@Dancing Fire they are not now but they will be. It’s a matter of when. Trials are already underway for vaccination of kids below 12.

Maybe when the time comes, you may stop your daughters from giving your grandkids the vaccine. If you are lucky, your grandkids may catch the virus and recover well. Or they may catch the virus and suffer long term consequences. Or they can die. Whatever it is, by refusing science, you are not protecting them. You are leaving them to the mercy of a virus that is getting more virulent and not less.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This chart does not agree with you.

1626328224196.png

That chart is egregiously simplified. If you want detailed data for children in the U.S., look at the numbers here:

Updated full report with actual hospitalization and mortality numbers is here: https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AAP and CHA - Children and COVID-19 State Data Report 7.8 FINAL.pdf

Children are unfortunately dying, albeit much smaller percentage-wise because the number of overall deaths are astronomical and overwhelmingly 80+. But that doesn't mean children are not being hospitalized and dying. A colleague's athletic 15 year old son with no health issues or predispositions died last year.

We are likely cancelling our trip to visit my in laws once again, because our travel day is approx. 12 hours on 2 flights with a long layover. My son's not old enough to be vaccinated, and it's much too high of a risk to expose him to that many people in a small confined space. Last thing I want to deal with is him getting sick a week into our trip and being stuck there. I cannot wait to vaccinate him!!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire they are not now but they will be. It’s a matter of when. Trials are already underway for vaccination of kids below 12.

Maybe when the time comes, you may stop your daughters from giving your grandkids the vaccine. If you are lucky, your grandkids may catch the virus and recover well. Or they may catch the virus and suffer long term consequences. Or they can die. Whatever it is, by refusing science, you are not protecting them. You are leaving them to the mercy of a virus that is getting more virulent and not less.

I always find family dynamics interesting. My parents or in-laws would have to stop me from vaccinating my child(ren) over my cold, dead body. (Then again, both my parents and my in-laws got vaccinated as soon as they could, so I don't think I'd have to fight much).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or they may suffer long term consequences from the vaccine. Nobody knows at this point.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately yes some people who get the vaccine will have side effects. Even healthy people who have no reason to expect they would have side effects might experience them and they could be minor or major. This is a reality. I am sympathetic to anyone who has had the vaccine and had any sort of serious and lasting impact. And yes if one of my family members or I had a serious reaction of course I would be hesitant.

But this can happen with any new item you are exposed to - a new food, a new medication, a new lotion, etc. When your doctor prescribes a medication you've never taken before do you do an exhaustive analysis of it's side effect profile before deciding whether to take it? I'm guessing most people don't.

The data is clear that the number of instances of side effects from the vaccine is very low when compared to the number of people who have taken the vaccine. And the data is clear that Covid is still out there, still infecting people, still hospitalizing people, still leaving people with long-term residual effects, still killing people and still evolving into new variants. The data is also clear that this is happening mostly to people who are unvaccinated.

I don't understand how any healthy person with no medical reason to abstain from the vaccine can objectively look at the data and say that their risk is greater from the vaccine than from the actual virus.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a huge proponent of vaccination for healthy folks who have no reason to abstain, but I was thinking what I would do if I were pregnant (I'm not). Would you get vaccinated while pregnant assuming you didn't have to go to an office every day or expose yourself to strangers? I'm not sure that I would. I've been pretty close to home for the the duration, still wear my mask everywhere although vaccinated, I figure I could stay home for the duration of the pregnancy so perhaps would choose to wait until the birth to get vaccinated. I'm curious what others think about this. Just throwing it out there.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a huge proponent of vaccination for healthy folks who have no reason to abstain, but I was thinking what I would do if I were pregnant (I'm not). Would you get vaccinated while pregnant assuming you didn't have to go to an office every day or expose yourself to strangers? I'm not sure that I would. I've been pretty close to home for the the duration, still wear my mask everywhere although vaccinated, I figure I could stay home for the duration of the pregnancy so perhaps would choose to wait until the birth to get vaccinated. I'm curious what others think about this. Just throwing it out there.

Yes because the risks of COVID during pregnancy outweigh risk of vaccination. The mechanism of action of the mRNA vaccine shouldn’t affect pregnancy. Anecdotally I have had many friends receive the vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding without issue and there’s a good chance of passing immunity on to your baby, which is wonderful as kids that young are not cleared for the vaccine yet.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I gave birth just a month before I was eligible for the vaccine. I would have done anything to have gotten it while I was pregnant. I did get the flu shot and Dtap while pregnant. All of my friends who have been pregnant since have had it in the second or third trimester.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too.
30 years ago I was diagnosed with Recurrent Arrhythmia Atrial Fibrillation.
Since then I've been prescribed Digoxin and an aspirin daily.
Recently my doctor stopped the aspirin and prescribed a blood thinner, Pradaxa.

The risk to my heart condition from getting COVID are more dangerous than the risks from the vaccine.

April Baby, if you don't want to take the vaccine that's your legal right.
But it sounds like you won't take it because you have a heart condition.
Perhaps you should get the vaccine precisely because you have a heart condition.

Factoring in the risks of the vaccine vs. no vaccine ... well ...
I'd let that decision be made by the one with a better medical eduction, you or your doctor.

If your doctor says to get vaccinated, and you still refuse then you can't use the heart condition as an excuse.

If I were you I'd ask my doctor explicitly (preferably via email so your family will have written proof) which they recommend given my heart condition, vaccine or no vaccine.

I had the vaccine in January, I’m all for it! I was pointing out to DF that it’s not an excuse to skip a vaccine.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the vaccine in January, I’m all for it! I was pointing out to DF that it’s not an excuse to skip a vaccine.

If I die I wouldn't speak to you again!. :snooty: :tongue:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, LA County is again mandating wearing masks. I saw this coming as soon as CA opened-up, given the anti-maskers who also refuse to get vaccinated. I just don't know what it's going to take for this to end, given the BS being spewed about how bad the vaccine is or the conspiracies around it. I've enjoyed the tracking device they implanted in me. If I get lost, I just call 1-800-Vax-Trak and they help me find my way.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, LA County is again mandating wearing masks. I saw this coming as soon as CA opened-up, given the anti-maskers who also refuse to get vaccinated. I just don't know what it's going to take for this to end, given the BS being spewed about how bad the vaccine is or the conspiracies around it. I've enjoyed the tracking device they implanted in me. If I get lost, I just call 1-800-Vax-Trak and they help me find my way.

You still get lost? I thought you were as smart as Bill Gates now with the chip they implanted in you?

I'm booked in to get my chip!

Jokes aside I'm going to qualify for a vaccine soon and I'm all booked in!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

I got vaccinated at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. That being said, I'm a frontline healthcare worker and we were surging at the time. It still was not an easy decision. It's now been 6.5 months since I was vaccinated and there is a lot of data suggesting it is safe.
If I could stay home and isolate fully, I might not vaccinate during pregnancy. BUT, most people do not live in a vacuum. Do they have a spouse who works outside the home? Or who has a different take on COVID than they do? Do they have a toddler in daycare or a child in school (although these haven't been huge sources of transmission, thankfully). In my experience (16 months of diagnosing and treating COVID) people vastly overestimate how careful they and their family members are. They vastly UNDERESTIMATE the size of their bubble as well.

also, COVID in pregnancy is very risky. I had no desire to meet my baby from an ICU bed (or not meet because I was sedated and intubated, as has happened to many women in the last 16 months)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got vaccinated at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. That being said, I'm a frontline healthcare worker and we were surging at the time. It still was not an easy decision. It's now been 6.5 months since I was vaccinated and there is a lot of data suggesting it is safe.
If I could stay home and isolate fully, I might not vaccinate during pregnancy. BUT, most people do not live in a vacuum. Do they have a spouse who works outside the home? Or who has a different take on COVID than they do? Do they have a toddler in daycare or a child in school (although these haven't been huge sources of transmission, thankfully). In my experience (16 months of diagnosing and treating COVID) people vastly overestimate how careful they and their family members are. They vastly UNDERESTIMATE the size of their bubble as well.

also, COVID in pregnancy is very risky. I had no desire to meet my baby from an ICU bed (or not meet because I was sedated and intubated, as has happened to many women in the last 16 months)

That's what made me want it. Right in the beginning a fellow teacher (we even went to HS together), died of COVID while pregnant with her second child. So very sad.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I'm concerned, covid deaths due to refusal of the vaccine are simply Darwin's theory in action.
...only if they die before passing on their inferior DNA.
But even if they had kids that bad DNA will increase the odds of their sons and daughters will be taken out by Darwin. :clap:

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But even if they had kids that bad DNA will increase the odds of their sons and daughters will be taken out by Darwin. :clap:

I find this absolutely disgusting, to wish death on children is seriously a new low, to wish death on anyone is bad enough.

If this comment is allowed to remain, I might be done here and I guess that would make some of you happy. Maybe that is what you hope for.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that comment was edited to top it all off, I can only imagine the possible vitriol in the original post.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this absolutely disgusting, to wish death on children is seriously a new low, to wish death on anyone is bad enough.

If this comment is allowed to remain, I might be done here and I guess that would make some of you happy. Maybe that is what you hope for.

I dont think I'm wishing death on anyone. But if people fail to protect themselves (and others!) from a potentially fatal disease, I'm not going to feign sadness at their passing. My main emotion would be incomprehension.

Also, my husband knows 2 people who recently got the virus. Both had been vaccinated 2x. They said it was like a cold.

So it is possible to contract covid even if you have taken the vaccine. But the likelihood that it will be fatal, or that you will need to be hospitalized, is very small.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think I'm wishing death on anyone. But if people fail to protect themselves (and others!) from a potentially fatal disease, I'm not going to feign sadness at their passing.

Fair enough, but I wasn’t referring to what you said. This has to stop, I don’t understand how a poster can spew so much hatred (not only towards me) and make vile comments and nothing happens and nobody condemns it.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair enough, but I wasn’t referring to what you said. This has to stop, I don’t understand how a poster can spew so much hatred (not only towards me) and make vile comments and nothing happens and nobody condemns it.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to my comment. What I do wish is that everyone would get the vaccine.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I suspect a significant number of people have chosen not to see the posts because of previous vitriol and therefore can’t/won’t object to them. Please don’t take it as a statement about you.

I 100% wish that everyone who can safely get vaccinated would do so and understand the frustrations in play, but applauding the death of children is completely unacceptable. I wasn’t going to comment to avoid stoking flames but didn’t want you to take silence as complicity.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo, thank you for saying that. I don’t take it as a statement about me though, I just can’t figure out how this is acceptable, how it has been allowed all along. Yes I could put a poster on ignore but anyone else reading the board can see this, possibly people who would become members.

Someone has to say this is not okay, at some point it crosses a line of decency and IMO that was today.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone has to say this is not okay, at some point it crosses a line of decency and IMO that was today.

Report the post and let the mods decide.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I'm concerned, covid deaths due to refusal of the vaccine are simply Darwin's theory in action.

But even if they had kids that bad DNA will increase the odds of their sons and daughters will be taken out by Darwin.
:clap:

Huh?
How is my response wishing death on anyone?
Mine is a reasonable statement, at least to those who understand Darwin's theory. ...

From Wiki:
What was Darwin's theory?

Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by the English naturalist Charles Darwin (1809–1882) and others, stating that all species of organisms arise and develop through the natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individual's ability to compete, survive, and reproduce.

Using your logic, your statement... "As far as I'm concerned, covid deaths due to refusal of the vaccine are simply Darwin's theory in action." ... is also (as you put it) absolutely disgusting, to wish death on children is seriously a new low, to wish death on anyone is bad enough."

Darwinism in a nutshell is good DNA survives and bad DNA doesn't.
Was Darwin "wishing death" on anyone/anything?

"Darwin's theory in action" as you put it applies to all living things, young and old.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, spin it however you want but I found the post offensive and hurtful, I doubt I am the only one, but I may be the only one to say so.

The clapping emoji at the end of your post says it all.

*Edited to add a comma

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm using reason.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that’s not using “reason”, that is hiding behind an excuse to say horrible things that make people feel bad. For whatever reason this has been allowed to continue over and over again.

Well, you’re not going to steal my joy on this board, so I will follow the lead of other reasonable people and put you on ignore.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I'll be sure to pass my virus over to you before I die. :devil: if you believe in science the charts will show you that kids dying from Covid is pretty rare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results