Rough_Rock
Made in jerusalem,it's a nice piece

Topazosjones

Rough_Rock
It's emerald green in day light

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't a natural alexandrite. Not in sterling silver.

Topazosjones

Rough_Rock
Most definitely artificial

But it's a good artificial,has the color index of super fine alexandrite,these pendants go for 175 to 300 dollars,of same exact make,the front is actually wire rap that's been fuses to a plate

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a "good" artificial alexandrite. I mean, maybe one very rich unknowledgeable person buys something like this for $175, but resale value would not exceed $20.

Topazosjones

Rough_Rock
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a "good" artificial alexandrite. I mean, maybe one very rich unknowledgeable person buys something like this for $175, but resale value would not exceed $20.

Alexandrite it actually one the most expensive artificially made gems

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I'm afraid you are incorrect. The price for a synthetic green to purple color shift alexandrite is less than $3 a carat. Here's an example I found on etsy. The example you posted has no green color shift at all. I am sorry to tell you that it holds basically no value whatsoever. I notice you have been putting hundreds of dollars into multiple synthetic pieces. There's nothing wrong with that, if you're after quantity rather than quality. Here at PS, we generally value quality. I think if you do your research and save your money for one or two pieces rather than a dozen, you'd have something of real value that others would appreciate, and you'd get a lot more response here. Also, ask before you buy!! PS could offer a lot of wisdom and save you regret. I say this as a friend - I think we all here want a good deal, and whoever is selling you these pieces is taking advantage of your enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Topazosjones

Rough_Rock
I'm afraid you are incorrect. The price for a synthetic green to purple color shift alexandrite is less than $3 a carat. Here's an example I found on etsy. The example you posted has no green color shift at all. I am sorry to tell you that it holds basically no value whatsoever. I notice you have been putting hundreds of dollars into multiple synthetic pieces. There's nothing wrong with that, if you're after quantity rather than quality. Here at PS, we generally value quality. I think if you do your research and save your money for one or two pieces rather than a dozen, you'd have something of real value that others would appreciate, and you'd get a lot more response here. Also, ask before you buy!! PS could offer a lot of wisdom and save you regret. I say this as a friend - I think we all here want a good deal, and whoever is selling you these pieces is taking advantage of your enthusiasm.

The green I havnt showed yet,as it is no longer day here in Michigan,the sane piece as mine sold for 395 euros approx 450 us,the same exact pendant as mine

Topazosjones

Rough_Rock
The piece you showed..well,it's the lowest quality alexandrite in the market,natural in that saturation is cheap even,mine resemoles a fine one

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results