shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

.93 J SI1 AVR. Pic Overload

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by YT, Apr 14, 2012.

1. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    So, I'm in the market for a 1.6-1.7ct AVR. Before taking the leap in June or July and buying my diamond, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, I NOW know why

The AVR is a chameleon. Different lighting equals a different diamond. You will never ever get bored with this one. In certain lighting, its blue and in some its pink. Being a J, in some lighting it does have a creamy look but most of the time, it faces up white and so so so bright!

So, while I have this little fire ball in my hands, I thought I would take some pics. I feel that there's a limited amount of pics of AVR's on here so I hope to add more and show people how amazing this diamond really is.

I'm sending it back on Tuesday because someone is in line to buy the diamond. Hope its a PSer!!

Specs:

Carat Weight: 0.93ct
    Color: J
    Clarity: SI1
    Polish: Ideal
    Symmetry: Ideal
    Fluorescence: None
    Width: 6.23mm
    Length: 6.24mm
    Depth: 3.95mm
    Table Percentage: 52.13%
    Depth Percentage: 63.52%
    Crown ∠: 35.02°
    Crown Depth: 16.75%
    Pavilion ∠: 41.20°
    Pavilion Depth: 43.86%

The link
    http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9167/

AVR1.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

2. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    YUM

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

3. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    Sitting pretty with my Tacori band

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

4. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    Outside

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

5. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    With Mr. Bear

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

6. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    With some fake flowers :wavey:

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

7. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    Maybe this is too much... should I stop? :halo: :halo: :halo:

8. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Apr 14, 2012
    NOOOOOOO!!!!

AMAZING! That is a blingtastic stone. But it's not yours? it belongs to someone else? how could you get to take it home then? (but we are glad you did to take those shots for us!!!)

Beautiful!

9. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    What happened was that I am looking for a J SI1 stone and I just saw this on Thursday night and put it on hold. I called GOG Friday morning to pay the wire transfer and told them I am just ordering the stone to look at and send back. I had already emailed Jon about this and he told me it was a great idea. But I guess, this stone is very popular and Marie and Linda at GOG told me that this stone was already getting a lot of calls. So I told them no worries, I'm not keeping it, and they told me to just take a look and send it back to Tuesday because I guess the person who wants to actually buy the stone needs to order a setting also. I hope this makes sense. No one had actually bought the stone yet, I believe it came back into the inventory when bastetcat returned it and thats when I saw it Thursday night.

10. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 14, 2012
    Sorry about the chipped nail polish

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

11. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Apr 14, 2012
    Very pretty!

12. Laila619
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Laila619 » Apr 15, 2012
    Gorgeous stone!

13. hoover
    Shiny_Rock

by hoover » Apr 15, 2012
    Ooh! Beautiful :love:
    I want!! :cheeky:

YayTacori, are you able to clearly see the flower pattern from, say an arm's length (like if you're typing or have your hand on the sofa or table)? Or do you need to hold it really close (like 6 inches from your face) to see it?

14. ariel144
    Brilliant_Rock

by ariel144 » Apr 15, 2012
    Ok, so, well, it is none of my biz, but you wanted a J SI 1 stone but not this size??? :confused:

I'm confused, but thanks for the beautiful pic's...luv these AVRs...saw Jon posted the other day that he has more arriving very soon...awesome.

So did you decide that you still want a J SI 1 after looking at this one? Just wondering. He must have another one coming in soon...just guessing...LOL! :idea:

Ok, sorry, just reread your original post...guess i missed your first sentence, duh! Good for you. so are you convinced this is what you want now?

15. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 15, 2012
    Hey there Hoover, I tried it on it and am in the midst of typing with it on my finger and I can see the facets and the flower pattern. It definitely looks different than a RB even from far away. Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask :)

16. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 15, 2012
    I'm sorry Ariel144, let me clarify. In February, I contacted Jon about how I wanted an AVR in June or July. I told him what I think I want from seeing videos and pictures. Which is a 1.6-1.7ct J SI1. He told me that since he doesn't have exactly what I want in his inventory, as the time gets closer, he told me to contact him 3 months prior so he can actively search for a rough with my specifics.

TIme is getting near and before I ask him to take the time and effort to look for a rough, I wanted to make sure that a J color and SI1 clarity would be good for me since non of my local B&Ms carried this combo, I had never seen it before. So the reason for ordering this diamond and sending it back was to make sure that I was comfortable with a J color and SI1 clarity before I asked GOG to go through the trouble. :wink2:

ETA: oops, sorry. Didn't see that you had edited your past post. Yes, I really love the AVR. And I know SI1 are pretty much different for each diamond as eye clean goes, but I can't see a single thing :) and I love the J color. It really faces up white and maybe in two kinds of lighting did it look a little creamy. I really hope that Jon has my diamond in for cutting! That would be awesome possum!

17. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Apr 15, 2012
    That is such a beautiful stone! It makes me really want one!

18. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Apr 15, 2012
    Ah HA! MAkes total sense- see one to be sure it's for you.... wise, very wise!!

And glad that you found out it IS the one for you! Its a beautiful stone - I'm sure the new owner will be thrilled with it. Thanks for doing that research and posting for the rest of us to view it. :))

19. Tuckins1
    Ideal_Rock

by Tuckins1 » Apr 15, 2012
    It is absolutely beautiful! Must have been incredibly difficult to part with it! :cry:

20. Amys Bling
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Amys Bling » Apr 15, 2012
    Wow the AVR is lovely!

21. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 15, 2012
    Tuckins1, I part with it on Tuesday and I am dreading the day. I got it Saturday and I woke up this Sunday morning longing for it. And the first thing I had to do when I woke up was have it in my hand as stare at it. Haha is that weird? ;P

22. jeweln
    Shiny_Rock

by jeweln » Apr 15, 2012
    wow what a beautiful diamond ! it is the perfect size/color/clarity for me ! I hope I can find one like it in July .

23. hoover
    Shiny_Rock

by hoover » Apr 15, 2012
    Cool. Thanks for letting me know!
    :D

24. Diamond*Dana
    Ideal_Rock

25. purplesilk
    Brilliant_Rock

by purplesilk » Apr 16, 2012
    :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!!!This AVR is gorgeous!!!

26. Christina...
    Ideal_Rock

by Christina... » Apr 16, 2012
    Its funny because when I see the photos on their website, I never seem to get excited about them. I seem to only see the circles of circles around the table....if that makes any sense. :loopy: But everytime someone posts one here, I think how beautiful they look. I bet it's absolutely gorgeous in a 1.5 :love:

27. steelmagnolia
    Rough_Rock

by steelmagnolia » Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks for posting! I'm not too into the AVCs (I know, I know) but the AVRs make my heart sing like nothing else but the actual oldies!

28. bunnycat
    Ideal_Rock

by bunnycat » Apr 16, 2012
    It really is a very pretty stone. it was such a close call for me! My favorite look for it was in the kitchen, with the recessed lighting going and daylight near the window. It was also pretty amazing in low light situations. Had some really pretty sparkles. An AVR is definitely on my list of "wow, would love to have one one day" (but after we finish paying for the wedding...uggh.)

29. ariel144
    Brilliant_Rock

by ariel144 » Apr 16, 2012

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. That was very wise of you to try it out before you sent GOG on the hunt for rough. Maybe I will do the same when I'm ready. I just love these OEC's You could have ordered the AVC 5c J SI1...LOL! Just kidding! Obviously not the same facet pattern.

Interesting I thought for months I wanted an antique cushion brilliant cut diamond and was searching those just to come to grips with the fact that I really want an OEC. I never cared for "round" diamonds" but I realize now that I just didn't like the facet pattern of a modern RB diamond. And when I compared the AVC's to the AVR's...it was love at first sight for the AVR.

J colored diamonds are the best deal in diamonds with that touch of warmth but facing up white. Perfect combo for an antique cut IMO. And as long is a diamond is eye clean, it's good for me. Here's my favorite post on a J colored diamond....love the statement where she compares her 5c J to her E colored stone.

5c chunky cushion J VS2 Leon mege halo

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/leon-mege-antique-cushion-t140739.html

Ok, so now which Tacori setting will you choose?

30. YT
    Ideal_Rock

by YT » Apr 17, 2012
    I actually bought my setting two years ago. (I know, I did everything backwards.) It's the 2531.

HT2531RD12X_multi.zoom.jpg