shape
carat
color
clarity

.90 princess H VS1, just had to show somebody before next wk

diamondnewbie80

Rough_Rock
So I got this to give to my girlfriend next weekend, and I can't stop staring at it. I just had to show someone. How did I do? She wanted something simple and classic.
Platinum 2mm Knife Edge
Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 0.90
Cut: Excellent
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 73.1%
Table: 73.0%
Measurements: 5.19*5.13*3.75
Ratio: 1.01
2012-08-11t15-36-16_1.jpg 2012-08-12t14-04-10_0.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Re: .90 princess H VS1, just had to show somebody before nex

It is simply gorgeous!!! I think she will be thrilled! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely.. classic and lovely.. nice job. She'll be thirlled!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Classic and lovely! I'm sure she'll be thrilled! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice! Did PS help you pick it?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

You did amazingly well with your selection! very timeless and classic selection - awesome job! Good luck with the proposal --- what are the plans for next weekend??? 8)

diamondnewbie80

Rough_Rock

PS was a big help in maximizing my budget. I'll admit i did my share of trolling. I was unsure about going with an online vendor and read so many good experiences that it became a no brainer. So I went with James Allen and also got the PS discount (double bonus) 8-)

As for next weekend, it's actually my birthday and so she planned a nice weekend away together, should be a great surprise to turn the tables on her ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love your idea of surprising her!!! That will be wonderful - good luck and enjoy your birthday!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondnewbie80|1344813778|3250376 said:
PS was a big help in maximizing my budget. I'll admit i did my share of trolling. I was unsure about going with an online vendor and read so many good experiences that it became a no brainer. So I went with James Allen and also got the PS discount (double bonus) 8-)

As for next weekend, it's actually my birthday and so she planned a nice weekend away together, should be a great surprise to turn the tables on her ;-)

Oh what fun! I vote for doing it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondnewbie80 said:

how fun! She will be surprise!

diamondnewbie80

Rough_Rock

She said Yes! (not that I was worried :D )

2012-08-28t21-30-48_1.jpg

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock

Yay! She said Yes! Congrats! and it looks beautiful too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: The ring looks just perfect on her - very classic! Very beautiful ring - now tell us about the proposal!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks perfect!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's great! :appl: The ring is beautiful, you did a great job!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

Awww ... congrats. Looks great!

diamondnewbie80

Rough_Rock

My fiancee put it in to words better than I could:

"Fast forward to August 19, 2012. It's John's 32nd birthday. John had told me he planned to propose to me by his birthday. We just gotten back from Wimberley, and there was no proposal. John asked if I was hungry for our late lunch, and I said yes. I went downstairs and see a random t-shirt on a chair. I go to pick it up when John snatches it from me, blindfolds me, and tells me lunch is a surprise. At that moment, I knew he was going to propose, I just had no idea where or how.
John leads me to the car and sits me down. He wouldn't give me any hints, except to briefly remove the blindfold 3 minutes in to show me where we were- which I could tell from the turns he'd already made, lol. I sat there quiet trying to think of where we were going. After 20 minutes or so, John parks the car and tells me he's going to remove my blindfold, but I'm not allowed to look around. He takes off the blindfold, and as light blinds my eyes, I start asking questions. He hands me his iphone and tells me to watch this video. He made a slide show of pictures of the 2 of us, with Brutus (my puppy dog) throughout our time together. At the end of the slide show it said, "'So what now...". At that moment, John tapped on the window, opened my door, and pulled me out of his car. He got on one knee, said some sweet things (I have to keep some stuff private!) and pulled out the ring, and asked, "Will you marry me?". I smiled, took the ring, put it on, and then said, "NO!" To which we laughed and I said yes, of course I would marry him. He asked if I knew where we were, and I said no...we were facing apartment complexes and I started to look around more. He said, "You don't recognize the parking lot? We're at Paloma Blanca, where we had our first kiss!" At that moment, it clicked. I had to sit down in the car. After a few minutes, I took the keys out of the ignition, and we went into eat. We were both shaky (we couldn't keep the salsa on the chips!) and both couldn't stop smiling. After lunch, we went to my parent's house to break the news- which they already knew. It was the perfect day!"

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Perfect!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sweet story and beautiful ring - congrats to you both!

JMCenter

Rough_Rock

man that's a great story, congratulations! and a very beautiful ring i might add :appl:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Congrats! That is simply beautiful and elegant. Nice choice.

looking4a90HVS1

Rough_Rock

Hello,

Your ring looks great. . .and is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm working with a Diamond Broker out of Houston, and she recently Quoted me $3,000 for the exact specs of your ring

.90 H VS1 Princess Cut

And when I Google those specs I'm seeing diamonds at much lower then $3K. So when I asked her she said its because her Diamond is GIA Certified.

I wanted to reach out to you and see what your story was. Maybe you got a good deal? I don't want to buy a ring at a retail shop like Robbins brothers, and definitely don't want to get bent over by a broker.

Any information you may have or can share would be greatly appreciated.

**edited by moderator, please do not post personal contact information**

Thanks !
Eric

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Dear Looking,

Welcome to Pricescope :wavey:

We aren't allowed to post private info here. Use the "Report Concern" button and ask the Moderators to remove it. Then go to "Rocky Talky" under the "Forum" tab at the top and ask for help finding the diamond you need. There are some big-hearted folks who love to help others find the perfect diamond and setting.

Warm regards,
PattyCo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results