shape
carat
color
clarity

9.1ct natural (unheated) aquamarine in 18k wg setting.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would share my mother's day gift to me from me :naughty: This ring is currently at my jewelers getting a new Euroshank put on it so it doesn't spin, but I thought I'd share the photos I took when it first arrived last month.

9.1ct EC - unheated aquamarine in 18k wg. w/approx .5ct of VVS-VS diamonds.

When I first took it into my jeweler, his staff and he all took turns checking it out under their microscope. His comment when he was done was "that stone is scary nice" which made me feel pretty good (he's not always complimentary - believe me). The color of this aqua is just incredible.

It is a much larger ring that I usually wear, but I fell in love with it and decided to go for it anyway.

aqua_side view.JPG

Aqua_my photo.jpg

aqua on my hand.JPG

aquamarine_vendor.jpg

Candice

Shiny_Rock
wow that colour!!! :lickout:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really an exceptional aqua. You may see darker toned ones, but never ever that saturated. The setting is TDF. :love:

Congratulations on a rare find, and a beautiful ring.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL, I have a larger one (12.71ct) that is the same cut from the same lot (and I'm promised the same color) on layaway, but it is longer and narrower, that I hope to have set in a pendant someday.

I told myself no, no, no, on the second stone, but then caved because I figured I'd have major regrets if I let it go. I even bought a smaller oval first (it's actually a bit darker than the EC but not much) when I was trying to talk myself out of the second EC, but that stategy didn't work very well, so instead of saving money by buying the oval, I'll have three. :oops:

Here's a shot of the oval next to the ring.

aqua comparea.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That is a really impressive stone. And it's actually is "aqua" in color :) . Very cool!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That's a gorgeous aqua! And I love the setting too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color indeed!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments - it is truly an incredible color. As you can see from the one photo it is was too big for me (only a 1/2 size) but it was so top heavy, I figured it was worth spending the money for a proper Euroshank, even though it has to be custom made because it is going to be 6mm in back, but taper to the front so the ring still looks the same from the top..... soooo... it's going to be over a month before I get it back :((

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
What a phenomenal aqua, CL!!! :love: That color is mesmerizing.
I'm glad you got its sister stone; that would've been 'the one that got away' otherwise. No regrets. Enjoy your amazing ring upon its return home, and thank you so much for sharing such a fine example of aquamarine.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
:o :love: It looks gorgeous on you!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous aqua with superb colour!

Can we ask where it came from?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Vendor or country?

The stone is from Mozambique. The vendor is Rich Thomas (owner of gem_cove on ebay). He is starting a new venture with a partner and will have a website up soon selling high end jewelry.

I've purchased several stones from his ebay site and he told me about this new partnership and showed me some photos of some of the rings that they will be offering. I asked him which ones were his favorites and he showed me a photo of a 9ct emerald and this ring.... the emerald will NEVER be in my budget, but this one was (kind of :errrr: ) so I jumped on it. He hopes to have the site up and running before the end of the month.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr: Those Aqua have some of the prettiest color I have seen on this forum !!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love Aqua and am happy others like it too :))

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's a gorgeous color! I've never been a fan of aqua because the only ones I've seen are very light and greyish (except for the cool unheated greenish-blue ones, but I hardly ever see those). But this is an awesome color!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very, very impressive!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone. Aquas were never "my stones"; this is the one I would have bought on the spot.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning color and stunning ring. You will not regret having bought more of that aqua!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
picking my jaw up off the keyboard! That is gorgeous!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Stunning aqua--and the setting is just perfect for it. Your ring is truly a piece to treasure!

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
that aqua is scary nice!
such a pretty blue!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
That is such a beautiful colour! I almost feel like I could swim in it.... :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a find! You were so smart to snap it up. The setting is just right for it. Hard to imagine that color, unheated! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the one on layaway too.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
That is my dream ring....oh boy, it's gorgeous!!! :love: :love: I've been looking for an aqua ring like that my whole life... very perfect! It's perfect, that ring is dreamy!!

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
OH THAT IS JUST GORGEOUS!!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all of the very nice compliments, there are greatly appreciated. =)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG :love: What a GORGEOUS Aqua!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That COLOR! :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, that is one gorgeous ring. We seriously need a drool emoticon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results