shape
carat
color
clarity

9-11 Never Forget!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a day that is etched into my mind...thinking of all those that lost family, friends, and loved ones. All Americans lost something that day.

I concur. And may I add that all humanity lost something that day, not just Americans.

I remember that day very distinctively...I was watching what happened on TV as it happened. Terrible terrible...words fail me.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karl, in years past we have always had a moment of silence or something here at work or at the schools, this year we didn't, I hope and pray people are not starting to forget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Stormy for putting this up every year. Never forget.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never Forget!!!!!!!

Hi, Karl-

I just posted a link to your old thread in the thread Molly started. I had a paranoid fear that there was some reason (I was guessing because you were in the trade) that you had been constrained from starting this thread yourself this year. Usually it is up very early in the morning.

I am glad no one stopped you from doing what you do!!!

I will never forget.

Big hugs,
(((Karl)))
Deb

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We will never forget.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never, ever forget. And always honor those who lost their lives, willingly gave their lives for others, and continue to fight for our protection today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember it like it was yesterday. Every single moment of that day. I was 2 blocks away. We felt our building shake with each of the crashes. We were evacuated and I was home before 9:30 AM. I was out in a grocery store just to be among other people as I couldn’t breathe being all alone in my apartment when I got home from work and saw the towers fall while in the grocery store. None of us could believe what we were seeing. It couldn’t be happening. Yet it was. And my DH was at work all day in midtown. His firm went on business as usual somehow.

The days that followed a blur yet I remember details. How we were evacuated from my other job due to bomb threats just 2 days later where I was working across from Grand Central. People running in the street. Again. Surreal. I couldn’t move from the building where I was working. I saw people fleeing in the streets. I remained frozen. A young man came in and took me by the hand and said we have to get out of here. I let him bring me out of the building.

I’ll never forget how kind everyone was to each other that day and the weeks and months following. From one of the worst experiences people once again showed how much good is in this world. And that good will overcome evil every single time. The terrorists cannot destroy us. We won’t let them.

I’ll never forget a second of that day. It’s burned in my mind forever. We will never forget.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Karl-

I just posted a link to your old thread in the thread Molly started. I had a paranoid fear that there was some reason (I was guessing because you were in the trade) that you had been constrained from starting this thread yourself this year. Usually it is up very early in the morning.

I am glad no one stopped you from doing what you do!!!

I will never forget.

Big hugs,
(((Karl)))
Deb

Huge hugs Deb!!!
I went to bed early last night. Sorry about that.
I would never work for someone that had a problem with posting this but right now I am back on my own.

What is really freaky is on the Sept 11th I was waking up for a dentist appointment for a root canal and a couple fillings and flipped the tv on and saw a video of the first hit then a few minutes later watched the second hit as it happened on tv.
Today I was eating some cereal and a filling fell out. It could have been one of those from that day.
I called the dentist and they could have got me in today but I just can't do it so made the appointment for tomorrow.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to see you brought this thread back up for us today, @Karl_K . You've established a lovely tradition with it & I too was concerned when it wasn't at/near the top of Hangout earlier this morning as I thought you had taken ill or were otherwise incapacitated. Best wishes for your dental appointment tomorrow.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* * * I’ll never forget how kind everyone was to each other that day and the weeks and months following. From one of the worst experiences people once again showed how much good is in this world. And that good will overcome evil every single time. The terrorists cannot destroy us. We won’t let them.

I’ll never forget a second of that day. It’s burned in my mind forever. We will never forget.
That's so very true. I try to hold onto those wondrous memories when I, e.g., read comments online that make me despair of mankind.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We will never forget!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So happy to see you brought this thread back up for us today, @Karl_K . You've established a lovely tradition with it & I too was concerned when it wasn't at/near the top of Hangout earlier this morning as I thought you had taken ill or were otherwise incapacitated. Best wishes for your dental appointment tomorrow.
I am sorry for being late and am truly touched by your concern.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was horrified recently to read that in due time, the loss of life from the effects on the 911 rescuers and clean up crews will top the loss of life on that day. It is just a horror that keeps on taking!

No, we will never forget. I watched some enhanced video last night from a videographer that was there that day. The magnitude of it is just still so hard to wrap your mind around. The planes into the building were shocking but the buildings falling down were just mind numbing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never gets easier. Never forget.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never forget how kind everyone was to each other that day and the weeks and months following. From one of the worst experiences people once again showed how much good is in this world. And that good will overcome evil every single time. The terrorists cannot destroy us. We won’t let them.

Agreed, well said Missy. You were right there on such an awful day.

Never forget.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am watching The History Channel’s ‘102 Minutes that changed America.’ Shame we couldn't still feel that type of unity and patriotism we had after that day. We were one nation that day and the months that followed.

I will never forget. I had students who had parents that worked in NYC. It was a struggle to calm these students and the others, especially in light of the lack of information we had that day.

Never forget.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there is a way to forget. I think all of us to experienced it remain changed from that day forward. One thing I do remember, is how everyone rallied and supported one another even if it meant risking lives and health, and we viscerally felt that an attack on any one of us, was an attack on ALL of us. Let us never forget that.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
All these years later and still so damn sad :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came here to see this thread this morning and saw that Karl had not yet put it up. Since some other people besides me may be awake and visiting the forum, I am putting it up this year. I hope you don't mind, Karl. It is your tribute, no matter who puts the thread up to the top of Hangout. Thank you for the beautiful, lasting tribute.

I am glad that, finally, a permanent medical fund has been made available to survivors who became ill serving the country.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kadiagoba/911-victims-fund-first-responders-congress-passed

September 11, 2019

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is really hard to believe that it was 18 years ago, seems like yesterday.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This songs haunts me on 9/11

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The date hit me last night while scrolling through my phone after midnight—I came straight here to see if Karl’s thread was up yet. I’m not sure why, but every year I check here and avoid basically everything else related to 9/11 on the internet. Maybe PS makes me feel “safe.”
Anyway, I did end up reading a story on how teachers are informing their students of what happened 18 years ago, before nearly any of them were born. Textbooks are not the best source for several reasons, and many teachers use their personal experiences as well as play audio of the events that took place that awful morning so the students feel some connection to it instead of getting bored. The whole thing made me cry. Everything they know was shaped by what happened that day...but they don’t really “get it,” just as I don’t have feelings about things that took place before my time, like Vietnam, JFK assassination, etc. Time marches on.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The date hit me last night while scrolling through my phone after midnight—I came straight here to see if Karl’s thread was up yet. I’m not sure why, but every year I check here and avoid basically everything else related to 9/11 on the internet. Maybe PS makes me feel “safe.”
Anyway, I did end up reading a story on how teachers are informing their students of what happened 18 years ago, before nearly any of them were born. Textbooks are not the best source for several reasons, and many teachers use their personal experiences as well as play audio of the events that took place that awful morning so the students feel some connection to it instead of getting bored. The whole thing made me cry. Everything they know was shaped by what happened that day...but they don’t really “get it,” just as I don’t have feelings about things that took place before my time, like Vietnam, JFK assassination, etc. Time marches on.

I lived through Vietnam and JFK's assassination. I had to think of something catastrophic that had happened to the United States before I was born to think of an event that applied to me as these did to you. I immediately thought of the bombing of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese on December 7, 1941, the event which brought the United States into World War II. When I was small, adults often used to refer to that event.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in, as always. Thank you for this thread.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will never forget. I see One World on my drive in to work every morning. I took my son to the observatory just a few weeks ago and completely choked up seeing the memorial for the first time (it's the first time I went there since I went to the observatory deck on the Towers just a month before the attack). I have tears in my eyes right now typing this, I will never forget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, I am not on Hangout much so apparently have missed this thread for years! I was wondering why others were not clicking like on your initial posts, and then I saw the date!

We must never forget that day and all the lives that were taken so that this evil will hopefully be prevented in the future. The enemy is lurking and we must be vigilant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results