shape
carat
color
clarity

9.04ct Russian Demantoid Garnet with horsetail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aqccorp

Rough_Rock
Hi there everyone...I just wanted to share a picture with you Demantoid Garnet lovers of one of the most beautiful gems I had the pleasure of owning. A 9.04ct Russian Demantoid Garnet freeform cut to place the HUGE horsetail right in the center of the gem.....mac

demantoid904a.jpg

birdlady99

Rough_Rock
Your Demantoid is really beautiful. The one that I have is a more bluish green and is 14 cts. It is in a pendant brooch with pearls, diamonds, rubies, saffires and the demantoid is the largest being the center stone. According to the jeweler that examined it, he stated that the brooch is very old. It is in the shape of a crown. The horsehairs are obvious in mine too under loup.

Gem Lover

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I am so glad you got to see (AND own), such a world-class gem! It took me a good load of effort to get a handful of demantoids (up to 5ct) infront and get to inspect them for my gemological curiosity. Congrats! Yours is probably the largest demantoid I have got to know (well, I do not brouse amjor auctions for a living). Where is it from: Italy, Russia? Wow!

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello.
I own a 42 ctw demantoid garnet, emerald green color.
Regards,

Daniel A. Tadey.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Birdlady, post a picture! Please, please, please.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
no fair!!!

You cant brag without posting pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:}

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh gorgeous! Oh that horsetail! Oh my heart!

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello.
This is my 18 ctw demantoid garnet, top emerald green color, is beautifull, but it need to be faceted.
I will post images of my another demantoids as soon as possible.
My largest demantoid is not 42 ctw, excuse me, is 24 ctw.

:(

Regards,

Daniel.

18ctw.jpg

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello.
I think that this is not demantoid, this is Tsavorite Garnet, very beautiful too (and expensive), but the refractive index is arround 1.75 (for demantoid is 1.89)
Beautiful gemstones!!!!!

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
My previous reply is for the gemstone posted by Hest88.

:)

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello Birdlady99!!!!

Your demantoid is bluish green because is from Black Lake, Quebec, Canadá, the canadian demantoid has bluish green color.
Post an image please, it must be beautiful!!!!!

Regards.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wandering about the 42cts! However, the crystal is out of this world green
9.gif
Are you going to have that beauty cut
sad.gif

I never heard about such big ones of gem quality ! The 14 carats is already lots, for whichever source I recall. Very interesting... the misterious piece mentioned above. I would bet Russia produced (and still does) the largest and best color, no idea if the Canadian demantoids ever got that large and would surely not appear in old jewelry. Do you know of such sizes comming out of Canada? There are lists all over the place with the largest diamonds, rubies and sapphires, but not much on the largest (gem grade) demantoids....

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
RefutadorDeLeyendas, sorry, but I didn't post a picture?

I love the pictures you've posted, though, and I can't wait to see more!

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello Hest88.
I wrote about the image over your nickname, excuse me.

:)

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hola Valeria. :)
Puedo hablar en español??? :)

I'm not sure that the 14 ctw demantoid is a canadian gemstone, but usually, the bluish green demantoids are from the Black Lake mine, Quebec, Canada.
(remember my bixbite theory)

Regards.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
RefutadorDeLeyendas---ah, I see. It's actually a picture of a demantoid that was available from Palagems. Of course, I don't know how well it was photographed.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Both of those stones are great looking.
I used to be really into blue stones but have recently become a fan of the green stones.

dberg

Rough_Rock
What exactly causes a horsetail? Is it only apparent in Demantoid Garnets? Which type of garnet fetches highest price?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
dberg:

The horsetail is asbestos (byssolite) and diagnostic for demantoid, which is more highly valued than tsav's.

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello Valeria!!!!! I've bought bicolor demantoids, I will receive them next month. Likes watermelon tourmalines :)

Daniel.

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hi!
$7,000 mmmmmmm... some expensive. :)

Daniel.

RefutadorDeLeyendas

Rough_Rock
Hello!!!!!!
I am very happy!!!!!!!
I own the best demantoid specimen on the world from past september 9!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

dem1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results