shape
carat
color
clarity

8mm clasp on 7.5-8mm strand

naria

Shiny_Rock
I'm thinking of getting a new strand in 7.5-8mm size. I really like the laser ball clasp at PP, but the smallest size available is 8mm. Will this look bad with the strand size I've chosen or are they close enough that it should work? Sizing up the pearls is not an option.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That is close enough and you probably won't even notice it's a little bit larger. Most of us have strands with clasps smaller or larger, or round clasps on baroque pearls. Do you have a photo to share of your new strand yet?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, the 8mm ball will not be too large. I have that size ball clasp on my 7-8mm Freshadamas and it's even okay for that, even though the end pearls are 7mm. (The Freshadamas used to be sold in full millimeter range sizes, like 7-8mm and 8-9mm.)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think it will matter, either. I don't worry much about clasps as they are behind my neck and in winter I wear scarves as well. having long hair, well, it makes it almost impossible for anyone other than myself to even know there is a difference.

naria

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I'll post a picture when the strand arrives. I went with the 8mm clasp since I just love the laser ball design.

naria

Shiny_Rock
Well my new lovelies arrived today. They were from the creamy metallic lot which I believe 4RanchGirl or Nacrelover pictured from a recent vault trip (sorry for not remembering who specifically). They will be offered later in the year but I got mine early since it was a special project I put in months ago. They are rounder than the last batch of metallic and just lovely. Hopefully, they'll be able to find some no cream overtones but I was surprised by how well cream actually looks on my pale skin. I was going to wait to show the picture when they went on sale, but I'm too much in love and have to share.

Here is the glamor shot since I'm not great with a camera. 04-12-13-metallic.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Naria I loved :love: those strands when Jeremy showed them to me. I am glad you got your's and love it. That clasp is perfect :appl: Enjoy :mrgreen:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely....and the clasp is great with it!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Naria your strand is absolutely lovely!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I think your clasp looks perfectly suited to the strand. I will have to keep a look out for that sale :naughty: Enjoy!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Naria, I am so happy to see someone buying these beautiful pearls. 4ranch and I were just talking about them the other day, again. We were hoping someone would buy some or were thinking about what we would do If we indulged.

Can we see them on your neck next to your skin please? :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

naria

Shiny_Rock
I will try to get a neck shot this upcoming week and while I'm at it I still owe the forum a neck shot of multicolored Tahitian strand.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Waiting patiently :appl: :appl: :appl:

naria

Shiny_Rock
So I moved recently and wasn't able to find my good camera. I used my tablet to take neckshots. The camera on it isn't great so take the neckshot with a grain of salt. metalic_neckshot.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results