shape
carat
color
clarity

.86 v .91, same specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you choose a .91 diamond over a .86 even if it would cost you an extra $1,000? Both diamonds are the same cut, color, and clarity and the bscopes are almost identical.

Thanks for comments,
Michelle

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. But I'm not "big" on size (sorry, couldn't resist)
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What is the difference in diameter?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 9/30/2004 8:14:56 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

Would you choose a .91 diamond over a .86 even if it would cost you an extra $1,000? Both diamonds are the same cut, color, and clarity and the bscopes are almost identical.

Thanks for comments,
Michelle
----------------

Providing they are materially the same cut (meaning practically same crown/pavilion relationships, girdles, etc. etc.), then no, I wouldn't spend $1k more to get the .91 diamond. I can't imagine there could be a big enough disparity in dimensions (diameter) to make it worth that much more.

86, 91....they are just weight numbers. They don't make the diamond look any more beautiful on your hand, and as another thread recently pointed out, most people won't have any idea about the size regardless of what you choose. Pick what you like and what you think is fiscally responsible.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
assuming their depths & girdles are about the same, i'd def take the .86 - .05ct isn't worth $1K to me
2.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, that is too little of a difference in size to warrant spending $1000.

You'd probably have to look at it a long time before you could perceive a difference...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. 1k is a large % of the total there so... it makes no sense to add it up.

5.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/30/2004 11:43:43 PM valeria101 wrote:

No. 1k is a large % of the total there so... it makes no sense to add it up.

5.gif
----------------

Honestly, I was kind of shocked to see the price difference. The .91 is almost perfectly round at 6.24 X 6.26 and the .86 is less round 6.14 X 6.20. Do you think this is why the .86 is so much cheaper?

Keep in mind, I'm just looking at options now and comparing stones to cost/color to see the most I can get for my money. I'm finding that with my budget, I can generally afford F-Hs in the .85s and I-Js in the .95s and have $ left for my two settings
2.gif

Michelle

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/1/2004 1:06:18 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

Do you think this is why the .86 is so much cheaper?

----------------

Why would anyone need any reason to add 1k to a diamond’s price? Never mind this is a third of total… There is always something to compare any diamond with and conclude it is a ‘bargain’.

Let’s take this 0.91 – it would be nice ‘bargain’ compared to one a hair above 1ct and chances are one buyer will make that comparison instead of yours.

I do not know what is on your list or what the setting looks like. But F/G-SI1 sounds good as long as the setting is not meant to host a much smaller or much larger gem than 6mm and a bit.

Just my 0.2, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results