shape
carat
color
clarity

.85-1.2carat princess cut/ring - opinions/thoughts please

bjamm

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Looking again at rings , the timing feels better this time, and am looking at rings again.

Looks like the past few months prices have went up significantly , however my budget hasn't.

I am looking for a .85-1.2c princess ideal/excellent cut with color from F, G, or H, Possibly an I.. VS1 or VS2.

Budget ~$5500 with setting.

This is what I found that I really like however it goes over my budget at Whiteflash since I have to pay $600 in texas tax. :( So still looking for good deals with aset images.. Maybe look at Bluenile, or Jamesallen?

This is the stone I liked, what do you think?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2642478.htm

Setting - These are the two I liked...
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/allegro-in-d-diamond-engagement-ring-159.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/diamond-braid-diamond-engagement-ring-120.htm

Also considering getting a .75-.9c stone and spend $3500 now.. and upgrade maybe in a year or two from now.. so possibly a good upgrade policy in place might help, however I dont see myself spending over 2x the amount at some sites to upgrade. I think i covered everything let me know if theres anything I missed! Thanks

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Re: .85-1.2carat princess cut/ring - opinions/thoughts pleas

Looks like a beautiful stone. I would live chat with WF about the preferred stone and setting (if you want to upgrade I'd go with the allegro as with a halo ring it will be very hard to modify in the future). They will hopefully give you a bit more of a discount since you are buying both and are a PSer. Just ask and see what they can do for you!

bjamm

Rough_Rock

Nice, those stones look good and at a much better price. Would just depend on aset but promising at 1000 less. That first setting is the one I like from ja as well. Good eye ;-) will have to see if they will do another aset for me as don't know if they will do since I req some about 6 months ago.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, they will do asset for you even though you've done it before. I would put them on hold in the mean time if you are considering them at all :appl:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.