shape
carat
color
clarity

.84 I SI1 pendant from JA, should I keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty pendant and looks way bigger than .84 in that setting! As for whether or not you should keep it, I agree with the others: wear for a few days in a variety of lighting conditions and try to observe the sparkle. Then, if it still bothers you, return it, because I don''t believe there''s any sense in keeping jewelry that you''re not 100% happy with anyway. Unless there''s sentimentality involved, of course.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Its a pretty stone but I think the bezel is a bit heavy for the stone. I would go with either a 1/2 bezel (the whiteflash site has a pretty picture of one) or with a prong set.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Mara and Asscher, It is a bit of a heavier bezel, but I really wanted a bezel that would slide along the chain, and I was having trouble finding any of those. I didn't want to take the time to go custom either. But, the thing that I think keeps it from looking too heavy is the double-bezel look it has. I've also heard a lot of people complain that their bezel pendants flip over, and this one isn't doing that at all, so I'm happy with it. Thanks for your input though!

And thanks again, everybody for all your help and insights! I'm about 95% sure I'm going to keep it...it seems to sparkle more everytime I see it. I think I just had too high of expectations, especially since all the macro photography on here has a way of making everyone's stones look SO good...almost like the glow from within. It's too bad the natural eye doesn't see the diamonds the way our pictures do!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are absolutely correct about the heavier bezel - no flipping. It looks beautiful and substantial - I''m glad to hear that it is growing on you. It really looks beautiful from your pics!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! If you decide you don''t want it, you can ship it to me (hehe)

I think the no flipping thing is a definate plus!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think it is wonderful!! I quite like bezel set pendants.....
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
The bezel isn''t too heavy. In fact, it''s beautiful. It''s quite simply a bezel that knows it''s a bezel. Not everyone''s cup of tea, necessarily, but for what it''s worth, I think it couldn''t be more perfect.

I have a pair of bezel studs that have a really thin bezel, and sometimes I wonder what the point is of having a bezel if you can hardly tell it''s there!
3.gif

I say, keep the pendant!
26.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
hey that matches my ring !!!!! love it
30.gif
!!!... but i''m a bezel nut. so if you don''t want it, you can ship it to me
36.gif
i think it''s beautiful
face23.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s great that your bezel doesn''t flip. I have a diamond pendant set in bezel which does flip sometimes and it drives me crazy. Also, I wouldn''t think twice about a bezel pendant and prong set earrings. They don''t have to be the same at all. The diamond looks great in the pics.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! I wouldn''t change a thing. And it looks like it is sparkling beautifully!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

genette

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks nice
face23.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
That for all the compliments and feedback, everyone! I really do appreciate it so much. At this point, I am going to keep it. There is one other stone that I found online that interests me, and I have requested the cert, but I don''t really think it''s going to tear me away from this one.

I''ve noticed that this stone shoots off a lot of full spectrum rainbows, but the overall flashes are smaller than my earrings. Those smaller, yet more frequent, flashes of light are what made me feel like it didn''t sparkle enough at first. I tend to go for bigger flashes of colored light (hence my love of OECs). But, I have also found that this stone just glows in low light (maybe it''s the fluorescence?).

I am very pleased with it so far, but I will let you know if anything changes when I hear back about the other stone. I really did want to purchase through WF originally, mainly because of the lifetime trade-up policy, but they just didn''t have much in the size range that I wanted and for my budget.

The best part was that I managed to capture those rainbows I was talking about...
36.gif

bezelrainbows.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s it a little bigger so you can see the rainbows better...

closerrainbows.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And just a couple more fun shots to share with you guys. I like this one because it really shows the beautiful metal of the pendant...the polish is so nice is almost looks fluid in real life...

bezel 003small.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, one more neck shot...

Thanks for helping me appreciate the beauty of this pendant, everyone!

bezel 028necksmall.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very nice - glad you''re happy with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results