shape
carat
color
clarity

.82 O-P round brilliant

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
This is bling with a lower-case b. My diamond came from B2C on Wed. First glance, I thought, not much tint but lively. It flashes a lot, not big whites but small ones and lots of fire. The B2C listing said "pinkish-orange" but Simon told me it's not pink, more orangy-brown. And it is a very light, warm brown. I'm getting attached to it. I wanted a brown diamond but so many don't do much but look brown. This is busy and fizzy, like ginger ale. I'd like to get it bezeled in a high kt. gold that looks slightly orange. The peridot earring is here to see if they get along, they do.
1651272031580.jpeg

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty. Love the color.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Girl 21, thank you!
It was in my price range, and I see mined diamonds heading upwards, Now or never purchase.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! So many options with, say, colored gem halos or different tones of gold.

Can't wait to see what you do with it - this one's a beauty! Also - a smart purchase with diamonds doing their price increase at the moment!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
mrs-b, thank you for your kind remarks! Simon said to use rose gold but i have a 22 kt. necklace that seems to look nice with it, so maybe an orangy gold. It has the faintest minty green fluor so I have to be careful.

I hope your health is on the upswing. There is hardly anything more miserable in the human condition than problems with the throat. My husband died of something bad in his throat 11 years ago, and I don't think the suffering can be overstated. My very best wishes to you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, thank you for your kind remarks! Simon said to use rose gold but i have a 22 kt. necklace that seems to look nice with it, so maybe an orangy gold. It has the faintest minty green fluor so I have to be careful.

I hope your health is on the upswing. There is hardly anything more miserable in the human condition than problems with the throat. My husband died of something bad in his throat 11 years ago, and I don't think the suffering can be overstated. My very best wishes to you.

<3

Just a 'heart' and sending you hugs, because I don't know what to say. I had chronic upper respiratory tracy infections when I was a child, so, at this point in my life, I've had over 200 courses of antibiotics. Unsurprisingly - it basically crashed my immune system and I now have auto immune disease. People think "Oh - sure - a sore throat" - but unless you've had it - and I mean *really* had it - you don't know what it's like. It's a misery. Losing one's spouse is far worse, tho, and I'm sending you the warmest thoughts.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, lulu_ma! I want to play up the color so it'll take a while, but I think everyone enjoys the process. It likes the peridot, it doesn't like the pink tourmaline, etc.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely & clean! And I love the softness to the colour!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Ally T, thank you! It likes incandescent light. SI 2 with a light colored crystal in the middle of the table. I can see it when I loupe it, and if I tilt the stone, the crystal flashes bright white. Wonder what that is.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty diamond, please consider snapping a couple more pics and posting to the under one carat thread.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Unsolicited advice, so take it for what you paid for it (;)2 )
But...DK has an 18k "antique" gold that looks like 22k. Rich gold with an orangy undertone.
First pic is DKs:
18k yg
18k antique gold
18k rose gold
Screenshot_20220501-113519_Gallery.jpg
Second pic is me taking liberties with your new beauty:
Screenshot_20220501-113220_Gallery.jpg

I loved your color description. Like ginger ale that fizzes and pops. Great visual!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!
I loved that thread and now I can't find it.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Christy-Danielle, you are so good and so clever! Thank you! That's the color I had in mind, the necklace is at least 22 kt. 1651423857736.jpeg

Aww, thank you.
I have a similiarly colored zircon that I'm setting now so gold color is fresh on my mind. I went with 18k rose gold in a matte finish (thought the shiny polish might overwhelm).

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking brushed finish!
We are seriously going to have to see your zircon ring. Zircon is one of my favorites.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking brushed finish!
We are seriously going to have to see your zircon ring. Zircon is one of my favorites.

Not to thread jack but heres a general idea of how it will look (since you asked lol)
Screenshot_20220410-225756_Gallery.jpg
Hopefully it helps you to see the matte 18k rose gold too

Attachments

• 20220501_125051.jpg
    20220501_125051.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that's a beautiful stone! Where did it come from?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I spent weeks on that thread a few years ago, absolutely loved it..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results