shape
carat
color
clarity

.82 O CBI

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
433
Thanks Wink. What a spectacular stone! It's full of fire and a nice warm color for mounting in yellow gold. I am unable to capture the light show in the pictures. I am a CBI fan. Thanks Wink!

cbi.jpg

_35812.jpg

_35813.jpg

_35814.jpg
 

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
3,525
That's a really nice stone. I saw the video, and almost got it myself.
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
23,897
HI:

So you snagged that baby! Those CBI have been selling like hotcakes....I've been looking and everything I spy is always soon sold!

How are you going to set it?

cheers--Sharon
 

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
3,021
Congrats! I was stalking that diamond too!
 

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
4,034
Gorgeous diamond :love:
Welcome to the CBI family.
 

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
433
It was purchased with the thought of mounting in a gold "angel wing" pendant. A memorial to our wonderful Sweetpea.

angle_wing_4.jpg

dogs_2_056__2_.jpg
 

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
661
I'm beginning to really fall for these much warmer stones. I love yours and that you are thinking of making such a unique tribute to your four-legged friend. All the best and please post when you finish your project.
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Hayjoe, your new stone is spectacular! The beautiful color will look lovely in yellow gold. :appl: I know Sweetpea is sorely missed. I love the idea of making a jewelry piece to wear as a memorial. :clap: Looking forward to seeing the finished piece later. :wavey:
 

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
10,614
Pretty stone! I like the idea of a memorial pendant for Sweetpea.
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
25,507
Very pretty CBI diamond.
 

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
2,174
I've always wanted a lower color CBI. Love this one, for sure! :love:
 

hey joe

Rough_Rock
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
15
They did create a nice stone. I felt lucky to have a chance to purchase it. It seams to be the right stone for this purpose. Sweetpea was darker than most and very special.
It's in the box it came in with a sample of the setting resting on top.

sp_pendant_004.jpg

sp_pendant_044.jpg
 

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
10,933
What a beautiful stone, and what a lovely tribute to your Sweetpea that will be! That setting will really show off the diamond's unique coloration!
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
Hayjoe, the setting looks perfect with your cbi diamond! The pretty ambers & golds in the stone reminds me of Sweetpea's beautiful eyes in some of the photos you have posted before. What a beautiful reminder of your dear Sweetpea! :clap:
 

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
433
I tried to capture a few pictures of how the stone looks most of the time. Pictures were taken outside on a sunny afternoon. I used a $100.00 sony cyber-shot and a paper plate. I came up way short of capturing how good the stone really looks. Wow! what a stone.

cbi_5.jpg

cbi_7.jpg
 

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
441
Pretty! I like that second-to-last photo. That tint is charming with how well it's cut. :appl:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
31,816
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.
 

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
4,034
kenny|1451441170|3968202 said:
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.

Pick up the phone and give Wink a call to commission a Cut To Order CBI.

You won't be sorry :dance:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,852
hay joe|1451437950|3968176 said:
I tried to capture a few pictures of how the stone looks most of the time. Pictures were taken outside on a sunny afternoon. I used a $100.00 sony cyber-shot and a paper plate. I came up way short of capturing how good the stone really looks. Wow! what a stone.
That is a beautiful stone!.. :love:
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,852
cflutist|1451444354|3968229 said:
kenny|1451441170|3968202 said:
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.

Pick up the phone and give Wink a call to commission a Cut To Order CBI.

You won't be sorry :dance:
Then have Wink send the bill to CF!... :wink2:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
31,816
Dancing Fire|1451444935|3968239 said:
cflutist|1451444354|3968229 said:
kenny|1451441170|3968202 said:
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.

Pick up the phone and give Wink a call to commission a Cut To Order CBI.

You won't be sorry :dance:
Then have Wink send the bill to CF!... :wink2:

Cflutist, are you richer than Dancing Fire?

I'd like a 7 ct E VVS1 CBI (D IFs are so overkill :lol: ) so maybe you both need to chip in to keep me happy :bigsmile:

I may be old, but I'm a special snowflake too.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
33,852
kenny|1451446335|3968251 said:
Dancing Fire|1451444935|3968239 said:
cflutist|1451444354|3968229 said:
kenny|1451441170|3968202 said:
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.

Pick up the phone and give Wink a call to commission a Cut To Order CBI.

You won't be sorry :dance:
Then have Wink send the bill to CF!... :wink2:

Cflutist, are you richer than Dancing Fire?

I'd like a 7 ct E VVS1 CBI (D IFs are so overkill :lol: ) so maybe you both need to chip in to keep me happy :bigsmile:

I may be old, but I'm a special snowflake too.
Kenny
What a dumb Q!.. :confused: who isn't richer than DF?... ;(
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
31,816
Dancing Fire|1451446757|3968257 said:
kenny|1451446335|3968251 said:
Dancing Fire|1451444935|3968239 said:
cflutist|1451444354|3968229 said:
kenny|1451441170|3968202 said:
Congratulations!!!

I'd LOVE to have a CBI some day. :love:
Beautiful pics too.

Pick up the phone and give Wink a call to commission a Cut To Order CBI.

You won't be sorry :dance:
Then have Wink send the bill to CF!... :wink2:

Cflutist, are you richer than Dancing Fire?

I'd like a 7 ct E VVS1 CBI (D IFs are so overkill :lol: ) so maybe you both need to chip in to keep me happy :bigsmile:

I may be old, but I'm a special snowflake too.
Kenny
What a dumb Q!.. :confused: who isn't richer than DF?... ;(

I'm not. ;(
 

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
433
SirGuy|1451440471|3968198 said:
Pretty! I like that second-to-last photo. That tint is charming with how well it's cut. :appl:

The pictures show just a portion of the colored light being returned that I see. I wish I had the ability to capture and post how it really looks. I am completely amazed. I don't know if the body color hits a "sweet spot", just makes the other colors more pronounced or just adds to the appearance as a whole. I am sure others here have the answer. Of the stones I have purchased this is by far my favorite. Thank all of you for you kind comments and thank you Wink!

cbi_6.jpg

cbi_8.jpg

cbi_9.jpg
 

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
4,034
Wow, that dispersion is to die for. :love: :love: :love:

Congrats again!
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
31,816
hay joe|1451495707|3968478 said:
The pictures show just a portion of the colored light being returned that I see. I wish I had the ability to capture and post how it really looks.

I agree!
I have a zillion bucks of fancy camera gear but I'm sill disappointed my pics never capture that live magic.

I can only come up with two guesses.
1. The camera has only one 'eye' while we have two. Since are eyes are in two different places they see what is in two different places and that means different flashes or twice the flashes.

2. We see a diamond over time. Any movement of our head or the diamond means various facets are turning on and off. The camera captures only one instant in time. We get a whole slice of cheescake but the camera gets only a tiny bite. :D
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
    Gifting With Whiteflash
    Gifting With Whiteflash - 10/01
    Did You See September 2022's Jewels Of The Weeks?
    Did You See September 2022's Jewels Of The Weeks? - 09/30
    Did You See September's Throwbacks?
    Did You See September's Throwbacks? - 09/29
Top