shape
carat
color
clarity

80s throwback: yg M 1.5 marquise

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it's very unique for modern times.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Classic and gorgeous! I love it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive always loved marquis !!!!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy for you to finally have a marquise again, Niel! It has a beautiful shape and it is such a nice size! The yellow gold looks very rich! I am glad you set it N-S. It complements the shape best IMO. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Congratulations, and enjoy! :wavey:

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a stunner. Is it unplated wg for the basket? The faceting is stunning and the contrast against the brushed yellow gold is breathtaking.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Niel your marquise in yellow gold is timeless and lovely - congratulations!

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
That marquise is beautiful! And the setting is perfect, I particularly love the claws. David Klass is amazing, I'm having him set my holiday prize diamond too!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I'm amazed at how the softness of the satin finish compliments the sharp angles of a marquise cut stone, it turned out brilliantly! Thank you so much for sharing this.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone in a modern elegant setting. I think it's going to be timeless, and never dated - congrats, it's wonderful :clap: :clap: :clap:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about your ring, well done! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you are amazing, Niel.

This is just fantastic, I love it so much. This is a timeless, elegant, feminine, classic ring with a simply killer edge to it. Well done! I love it, and I really love it on you. SO glad you went yellow gold, your beautiful diamond sings! The details are exquisite. I am so thrilled for you, what a gorgeous ring!

Awesome creative venture on your part... amidst another creative adventure- best wishes on your upcoming arrival.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love: I really love this on you Niel. Before PS I thought I didn't like marquise but now I have to say I LOVE them. You know how to pick them that's for sure. Enjoy in health and happiness!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This stone is perfection! It looks divine on your hand. Congrats! :appl: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Niel, it is AMAZING!!!!! I absolutely love it. The setting is just perfect for the stone. The brushed finish and triple prong are perfection. The overall package has the classic elegance of an art deco ring with a sexy, subtle modern twist.

I got to see the ASET while it was listed on GOG's website and it was one of the best I've ever seen for a fancy. You found a real beauty there. And the color seems so beautiful with the gold. How are you feeling about it in various lights? How does it compare with your Ks?

I know that you made this happen on a budget - frankly you are a genius at making majorly elegant, big impact rings on a shoestring. You are my hero!!!

I'd LOVE a family pic with your perfect five stone. Pretty please? :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil -

Your ring sent me scattering, looking immediately for a marquise of my own! I LOVE your new ring. Just gorgeous! And - did I read that you gave your previous marquise away? Very generous! I hope you enjoy your lovely new ring.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Niel!! It's a beauty! :appl: So simple yet makes such a statement. The cut is so lively and eyecatching.
Now you have to wear an 80s outfit to go with it.. get out your legwarmers, cut off sweatshirts and poufy hair! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1422887928|3825949 said:
Niel, it is AMAZING!!!!! I absolutely love it. The setting is just perfect for the stone. The brushed finish and triple prong are perfection. The overall package has the classic elegance of an art deco ring with a sexy, subtle modern twist.

I got to see the ASET while it was listed on GOG's website and it was one of the best I've ever seen for a fancy. You found a real beauty there. And the color seems so beautiful with the gold. How are you feeling about it in various lights? How does it compare with your Ks?

I know that you made this happen on a budget - frankly you are a genius at making majorly elegant, big impact rings on a shoestring. You are my hero!!!

I'd LOVE a family pic with your perfect five stone. Pretty please? :love:

Ooh yes, I will second that request. Please post a family pic. :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
80's Throwback?? ...I don't think so -- Retro Chic! :love: :love:

It's AWESOME!!! :appl:

(...now if we can just get my MIL's MQ on her finger!! AHHHH!!!) :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll try and respond to everyone but in the meantime thanks everybody!! And here are some family shots

uploadfromtaptalk1422896521252.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422896536162.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422896545700.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422896555326.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Niel...! Oh my! The family photos are just gorgeous!! :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, it is fabulous. I want one! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK one more then I'll quit it

uploadfromtaptalk1422900194504.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!! I'm a huge fan of a colored gold shank with a white gold basket. Pictures are beautiful.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Niel it looks incredible and HUGE on you. Absolutely love the brushed gold :love:, Just gorgeous!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Nothing about that ring looks 80's.
Lovely setting and it looks beautiful on you! Enjoy your new ring =)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking! Your diamond is gorgeous and the setting is perfect! :appl: :appl:

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring - the marquise looks elegant and is a great cut on you! I've been lurking on the preggos thread (28w4d) and hope your new baby gets here soon :wavey:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you won the giveaway and the ring looks perfect on you-it is lovely!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results