shape
carat
color
clarity

80s throwback: yg M 1.5 marquise

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had nice weather to show off this ring better, but in the dead of winter, you make due :)

A little background.
Around Christmas time,I won one of the 1k gift cards from PS (THANKS PS!!)
I had happened across a M marquise from good old gold. An M was not something I expected to love but the video was just stunning of the loose stone. Here's the vid.
http://youtu.be/o2zZIfxhPUM

I knew when I got it I'd want to set it in a soli. I got in touch with a few people locally to see I'd they could do what I wanted in my modest budget. Sadly I couldn't find anyone. I reached out to David Klass and not surprisingly he was in budget. We discussed rose or yellow gold, but both he and GOG said yellow would fatter the stone better, so I went that route.
I also had them do a brushed/ matte finish on the gold.

Its a nod to all the yellow gold marquise rings out there.

Its a size 7.5

uploadfromtaptalk1422805603838.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805613557.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805635103.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805645208.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more

uploadfromtaptalk1422805673719.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805688516.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More.

uploadfromtaptalk1422805822712.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805845009.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1422805864218.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
It's perfection! You pick great stones!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I'm thrilled that you won the PS giveaway and I think the ring that came out of it is just stunning!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous stone and setting!
The ring looks so elegant on your hand. You truly rock marquises.
DK did a great job. I love those triple prongs north and south :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I LOVE it! One of my besties has a 1.5 marquise that is set slightly tilted on a yellow gold thin band that is attached to a wide band both with a brushed gold finish. It was an upgrade for her probably around 10 years but I have always loved it. I think they were married about 76'. It is the most elegant ring to me, as is yours. It looks positively lovely on your hand! What a great stone you found, I hope you get a zillion compliments and much enjoyment out of it!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
80s? Smadies! That stone is stunning and looks perfect on your hand in that gorgeous setting.
Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just perfect. So elegant on your hand, and what a beautiful-looking stone. I also love the double prongs and the way they are perfectly wrapped around the stone, not in the least bit bulky.

Congratulations on a stunning piece of jewelry!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, its just beautiful!! The cut, the colour, the setting - you've picked a stunning winner! And it looks HUGE!!

Will you wear it as a RH ring & wear it daily, or will it replace your 5 stone on occasion?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome ring. I love the look of the matte finish.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1422808068|3825501 said:
Oh gosh, its just beautiful!! The cut, the colour, the setting - you've picked a stunning winner! And it looks HUGE!!

Will you wear it as a RH ring & wear it daily, or will it replace your 5 stone on occasion?
It will not replace my engagment ring. Even though I love it, I don't think anything will replace my 5 stone. It just goes too perfectly with my wedding band.

I'll wear it as a rhr.

And thank you!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!!

I do think the claws are great and dk did a great job.

All in all I feel very luck. I never thought I'd have a diamond this size.

And a mq this size is veeerrrry rare around my parts. All the women who haven't upgraded have .5ct is marquise, all the people with large ones I'm sure turned them in 20 years ago lol

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out perfect! That marquise looks huge and perfectly at home :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, it's beautiful! I don't think this ring looks dated at all. It's a gorgeous stone and yellow gold gets a bad rap for being dated. There are some 'old fashioned' rings and settings but yellow gold can be and is beautiful.

I love the shape of this marquis. Congrats to you on winning and on such a great find! Enjoy!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, I love the L:W ratio on it (mine is too fat).
The finish on the ring is very pretty too and as the prongs.
Congrats and wear it in good health. :love: :appl:

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for yellow gold and marquise shaped diamonds.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, and throwback or not, I love it! The stone's faceting is just stunning, and I adore that it doesn't have a crazy bow tie - congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've managed to bring marquise rings into the 2000's Niel! Love the setting, the prongs and basket are perfect, and the brushed yellow gold is beautiful…I feel that this ring has an ever so slight vintage vibe to it, I think it's the prongs. There was a car commercial some years back and the line was "this is not your father's Oldsmobile" and I would change it to "this is not your mother's marquise ring!" Love the shape and size of the stone too. I have always thought that marquise diamonds are really flattering on the hand. Enjoy this beauty!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow -- it's simple and elegant and just perfect! It looks really beautiful on you!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's just so gorgeous. I think you made a wonderful choice. :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1422809374|3825517 said:
You've managed to bring marquise rings into the 2000's Niel! Love the setting, the prongs and basket are perfect, and the brushed yellow gold is beautiful…I feel that this ring has an ever so slight vintage vibe to it, I think it's the prongs. There was a car commercial some years back and the line was "this is not your father's Oldsmobile" and I would change it to "this is not your mother's marquise ring!" Love the shape and size of the stone too. I have always thought that marquise diamonds are really flattering on the hand. Enjoy this beauty!

Well said Junebug! I agree with everything you said. Wear that beauty in health and happiness :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the others--it's perfection! :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love your other Marquise, but this one is absolute perfection! Is t comfortable as a right hand ring or does it take some time to get used to (not that I would mind having to get used to that!)

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This is an awesome diamond :love: and a gorgeous setting :appl: !

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is exquisite! The diamond is so beautiful, I just watched the video, love the length/width ratio. DK made such lovely prongs & the brushed YG is perfection. One helluva gorgeous ring :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone with great proportions. The Marquise is my favorite shape.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! I love the brushed finish, makes it look so soft. :appl:

Vampira

Rough_Rock
I love it so, so much! What a great pick, the brushed YG is just killer!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel, it turned out beautifully, especially the brushed yg--I love the way that element turned, as well as the prongs! :love: :love:
Really beautiful on your hand--congratulations!! :appl: :appl:

How are you feeling, aren't you getting close? I was wondering...best wishes !

What a snow storm, I bet everyone will have a snow day tomorrow. Hubby thinks we've had more than a ft, he's thinking it looks more like 18, & it's to go through tomorrow am!! Yikes! :-o

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1422838966|3825720 said:
Niel, it turned out beautifully, especially the brushed yg--I love the way that element turned, as well as the prongs! :love: :love:
Really beautiful on your hand--congratulations!! :appl: :appl:

How are you feeling, aren't you getting close? I was wondering...best wishes !

What a snow storm, I bet everyone will have a snow day tomorrow. Hubby thinks we've had more than a ft, he's thinking it looks more like 18, & it's to go through tomorrow am!! Yikes! :-o

Ugh still waiting. He was nice enough not to come today sense its the super bowl AND a snow storm.

And thanks for the compliments! I do love it and its a nice distraction while I wait.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results